Recent content by dcman

  1. D

    HV30 test footage, feedback helpful

    Here are a few short tests of my new HV30. With the flower videos I was playing with some of the settings on the camera, to see what they did to color saturation and depth of field. I keep the camera in Cinema-mode by default most of the time, because I tend to like the look. the swarming...
  2. D

    how is the recession affecting you?

    How is the recession affecting you and your video? As my wife and I work for a school district with a several million dollar deficit we are both faced with the very real possibility that one or both of us will be laid off in the spring when our contracts end. While we are lucky enough to have...
  3. D

    tape grade question

    Hi guys, I just ordered a Canon HV30, should arrive in a few days. I would like to upgrade my tape quality, I've been using a Maxell tape, bought in bulk from Sam's Club. But, my GS-150 has had so many head clogging and transport mechanism problems I've come to the conclusion I should be...
  4. D

    buy hv30 now or wait for hv40?

    I was looking to buy a canon hv30. Prices are great right now, but they are going back up as the hv40 will be phased in soon. Does anyone know anything about hv40 pricing? It seems to me I read somewhere that it may actually be lower than the hv30? I'm trying to decide whether to wait for an...
  5. D

    new guy

    I'm new here - this looks like a great forum. You all look a little more hardcore than I am, which makes it a great place for me to learn. Looking forward to chatting with you all. dcman
Back
Top