Anyone else scared the price of 4gb P2 will drop?

morisato

Active member
I just got my HVX and I'm soooo happy.... but I feel like I cant really use it until I get some P2 or a HDD. I'm going with P2 unless the cineporter comes out soon, but I'm so paranoid that the price will drop right after I buy it. Anyone feeling it too?
 
I have a feeling we will see a p2 drop before or after the summer the latest.. I am holding off on buying one ore 4gb card until then personally..

I hope they come down to $400
 
morisato, don't worry, no matter how long you wait, the price of technology will always drop right after you buy!:(
Personally, I usually figure in how much income can I bring in versus the "potential" drop in price over estimated time.
If you can't bring in more then the $200 difference over the next few months, then you might hold off.
Personally I picked up 2 8gig cards. The income and benefit of having all the HVX features made it an "almost" easy decision.
 
Funny that you say that... did the price of the FS100 JUST DROP on BH to $1800? or has it always been that low?
 
I don't know that you should be "scared" that it'll drop; instead you should be "certain" that it will drop.

So get it when you need it, and put it to work, and don't worry about what it "might" cost tomorrow. If it does the job you need now, get it now. If you don't need it now, why get it now?
 
i talked to barbara at AVS yesterday and the price of 8 gig cards actually went UP!! i bought 2 a couple months ago from her for $1200 ea and now they are $1365!! had i know i would have bought more at $1200 i hope cineporter comes out soon that to me will be the best solution for my needs, provided it actually works!!
 
there is high demand on 8Gig cards. They will only start to come down when they become available in stock by many customers.

I wished 16Gig and 32Gig cards were introduced in NAB. These would have been the catalists for price drop.
 
Back
Top