MxR ExpressCard Reader not recognized by Macbook Pro

Zoiks!
I shot some footage yesterday for a major network using an EX1 package they sent me. Used the MxR Expresscard adapter (new version) and SD cards.
Now, I'd love to download a copy of the footage before shipping the package back, both as a backup and for use in future reels.

However, my Macbook pro will not recognize the card in any way.
I just installed the latest SxS driver for Mac, and already had the XDCAM EX clip browser installed from a project over a year ago (so this is an older version.)

When I pop an SD card and MxR adapter into my expresscard slot, the Macbook pro tells me "the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer"

Gotta take this package to FedEX right away and hate to see it go on a truck without a backup!

Suggestions?

The MxR uses the USB interface, not the SxS Express card interface. Pull your SDHC cards out of the MxR and plug them in a USB adapter not the express card reader.

I know it's probably too late now but for the future you can also use the camera to download the footage. The trick is to go into the menu after plugging in the usb and accept the connection. The computer won't recognise the camera and drive until you do this.

One of my three MxR cards stopped being recognized recently in my 17" MBP but I figured out why. It was no longer sitting far enough in to the slot when locked in to make full contact with the contacts. If I keep pressure on it forcing it in a hair further it shows up on the desktop. Now I do as Duke M. said and just take the SDHC card out and put it in a USB card reader.

Back