F55: Ghana Hiphop video

Jusgorilla

Directed/Shot/edited/VFX this vid with the F55, RAW, no 2k OLPF for the Super slomo's.

Workflow: Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve.
Raw processed as Slog2 Sgamut (no Slog3 Sgamut3.cine at the time)

It was my first time with the F55 and had about an hour to play with it before shooting over 3 days, some exterior and some studio green screen for the stylised shots and museum scene.

I usually shoot F35, and this was a jump in the deep end just for fun and super slomo's.

Overall I think the F's are fantastic.

https://vimeo.com/93001010

Looks great Justin! What are your thoughts on how the overall image compares to the F35?

singers, dancers, boat/car/bike chase, museum robbery, man great production value there and seriously great work.

Love the lighting, skin tone gradations, color grade, editing.

How did you like the F55/RAW over the F35? Anything different in image quality that stood out to you since you had been using F35 up until now?

Cheers

Last edited:
What I really loved about the F55 Raw was that I could take the images wherever I wanted it to go, and with the sensitivity I could use less lighting, and the low noise was astounding.

compared to the f35 the major difference was weight of the rig. I wasn't nearly as fatigued by the end of the day, but on the flip side a heavier rig does have a nicer feel in motion with the heavier f35. Also noticed the f55 is maybe too clean, but adding grain can sort that out. IMHO The f35 still has a more film like image, but that's perceptive I suppose and processing RAW does technically have the ability to achieve the same in post as Dennis has pointed out. I didn't have the slog3 sgamut3.cine which is more cineon like and colors more Alexa/film like so that would've been interesting to play with.

Back