LitePanels in Action!

Yeah, those things rock. I wish I had the coin for a set.

Be sure to let us know what you think.

I saw some footage of the lite panels with the dvx...it was on an arm out to the side of the camera...like an on-camera key light...very cool. Now I have to go rob a bank.

Considering the basic Mini light is only $579 all you need is power and you're ready to go. You can use 8 rechargeable AA's in a simple battery enclosure ($2 @ Radio Shack) to power a LitePanels. It really brings down the cost and works great all at the same time... These things get pricey when you add in all the accessories, but you may or may not need them all. I have a Litepanels and it's fantastic. Cheers.

those Radio Shack " dead allreadies " will give you a good 15 minutes before your back at Radio Shack getting more, so please us lithium batts, they will last for many hours and much more cost affective

keynstring said:
I got mine. I got it with the Panny Battery Plate. Takes 2 on the back. It has a dimmer too. Sweet!!

Which size of Panasonic batteries are you using? How is the run time on the Litepanel with you DV battery setup? I'm thinking of buying one and trying to figure out if the DV battery or Litepanel's own battery is more effecient per dollar... Litepanel seems to claim 2 hrs @ 100% for their own battery...

Thanks!

willshipp said:
those Radio Shack " dead allreadies " will give you a good 15 minutes before your back at Radio Shack getting more, so please us lithium batts, they will last for many hours and much more cost affective
Try the Energizer rechargeable NiMH's. They are roughly the same price per battery as disposables and are good for about 500 recharges! I found a 12 pack with a charger for like $20 at Sams Club. Also, I have been experimenting with using a single 9V battery to power the Litepanels and DVX100 on a Steadicam Merlin. So far, so good! The battery life is terribly short with 9V's, but it's better than nothing at all considering anything heavier would put me over the weight limit on the Merlin. These things were designed for experimentation. I love LitePanels and highly recommend them.

bcheong said:
Which size of Panasonic batteries are you using? How is the run time on the Litepanel with you DV battery setup? I'm thinking of buying one and trying to figure out if the DV battery or Litepanel's own battery is more effecient per dollar... Litepanel seems to claim 2 hrs @ 100% for their own battery...

Thanks!
Mine lasts for like 8 hours on two DVXuser batteries. Crazy.

B_Dub said:
Mine lasts for like 8 hours on two DVXuser batteries. Crazy.

And that's 100% on the dimmer? Continuously running or only on for the shot?

Last edited:
I'm thinking they'll run forever. I haven't been in a situation long enough for it to run out. Just think of the extra batteries as an investment. You can only use the proprietary battery for the Litepanel. You can use the extra batteries all the time.

bcheong said:

Thanks!

As for the rebate or SALE check out www.filmtools.com they have a bunch on sale not sure if rebate is included but I know for a fact that they (Litepanels) extended their deadline twice already. I am testing out some LED lights from VIDLED and so far I am pretty impressed with the light. I still have some more tests to do.

Back