Cineo ReFlex R15

Cool tech. No pun intended(just kidding).

If the light doesn’t make your eyes water, the price will. $23.5K. And the barn doors are $1K.

Saw this at the last trade show I ever attended - the BSC show in London in early 2019.

It's quite nice in that the LEDs are staged fore and after in the reflector, so you can vary the beam angle in stages by turning them on and off. This means that the spot of light created by the narrowest angle is the same intensity as that created by the widest. This strikes me as either a bug or a feature.

75 lbs is too heavy for my uses. An M18 would put out a similar amount of light but has a 24 lb head and 24 lb ballast, much easier to manage.

An Aputure 600D at 720w weighs about 24 lbs. If all that was doubled and they could do an Aputure 1200D at 1440w with a 24 lb head and 24 lb ballast, just like the M18 in terms of weight, it'd hit a sweet spot.

There's a good argument for having a ballast integrated into a light, but at these weights where the integrated ballast makes the light so one person cannot easily handle it (such as when it's 75 lbs), then I'd say the separate ballast would generally be the better way to go.

Back