briteks from rostronics

Cheesesailor77

I'm thinking about buying the 200 watt and 300 watt with barndoors and focus control very soon... like, tonight, for a music video im doing next weekend (and just to add to my kit for the future)

But since i've been using worklights and floodlamps exclusively so far, I'd figured I'd ask the experts just what THESE lights are meant for. What do these lights offer that the cheapo work lights dont?

The reason i wanted them was because in my boards for this video, I needed a kind of "spot" light which I couldnt seem to achieve with the lights i have now. I hoped the bardoors and focus would achieve something closer to want i wanted, but what would u normally use them for, instead of a flood lanp with a 200 watt bulb.

THANK YOU! (asap answers appreciated, I want to get the order in tonight, or save my money)

Re: briteks from rostronics

I've never used them but I'm interested in a pair of 250' as soon as they're back in stock. They seem like regular focuseable open pace lights so they should behave like such... The focus and barndoors really help controlling their light. Those are the main differences from a worklight and believe it, this two things are very meaningful. Although they are not really spots, when focused in spot mode and with barndoors almost closed they can give you a narrow beam of light that the worklights couldn't. If you use solely worklights, you will be quite happy with something as the rostronics, but you will probably have to correct color temp to get a uniform light (the worklight bulbs are not color corrected to 3200K). I can't comment specifically on the lights features and model-specific pro's/cons, but from what Barry green said, they seem pretty nice. In January I'll have more opinions for you... ;)

Re: briteks from rostronics

Hi there. I actually purchased a set of these that included barndoors and a small softbox off of ebay.

They are decent enough lights, but they burn out like mad. I don't know if it's the bulbs or the fuses, but my first one popped after a few days. I never got around to investigating the problem. Now about a week ago, the second one popped. Like I said, I haven't checked whether it was the bulb or the fuse, but they have been used sparingly, with soft powerups from a dimmer control for every burn. The first one that popped had only been used for maby one hour.

Back