How important are the 'Professional' features of the Phantom 3 Pro?

Stab

For our wedding film business I am in the market for a drone. I have played around with some footage of a DJI Phantom 3 4K and it looks really good to me. I could settle for this.

With the DJI Phantom 4 on the market, the price of the '3' has settled and it looks very tempting now.
So I narrowed it down to the DJI Phantom 3 4K and the Professional version.

It seems that the only real differences are that the Pro version has a higher resolution streaming and that it has Lightbridge where the non-pro version doesn't. Or am I missing something?
So, in practice, how much of a difference is this? How is the connection in the non-pro version? Does it lose it's signal? Or does it just have fewer range? And how much would that range be?

The Pro version is still 999 euro's in my country, whereas the non-pro version is 620... Pretty big difference.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this? Would the 4K non-pro version be good enough for shooting weddings and flying limited distances?

I can tell you you will be more than happy with Phantom 3 performance and footage, and don't worry about connection. There would be a very limited purpose to shooting a wedding from over half a mile away. Having an extra 5 mins air time is useful. My only suggestion when learning is first practice with a $50 supermarket drone (e.g. a Syma X5), once you can fly these the Phantom practically flies itself (which it does anyway, but you get so much more skill and confidence than just learning with the simulator).

Back