Sorensen Squeeze Comments?

mdslammer

Anyone have any expierence with this software? Pros/cons? Worth the investment or not?
In the past, I have uploaded my videos to my site as either .wmv, qtime or real media.

I've seen some videos lately employing flash that not only look great but stream quite fast.

Is this something that S.S. can do efficently or is there some other preferred program(s) available?

Thanks.

Mark Dalzell / AudioScapes
Las Vegas, NV

Squeeze is useful but buggy and has an annoying tendency to crash half-way through a three-hour compression run. I haven't tried the flash compression though, mostly MPEG-2 and MPEG-4.

I am not a fan of Squeeze(i dont like the interface.) However, one big benefit is with the right version you can compress with the Flash 8 On2VP6 codec which is much better than the old flash Spark codec. You really can achieve nice flash video at decent file size with it. Check out the video on http://www.rouxbe.com

I'll echoe Marks sentiments. I got it because Avid likes it and can't output MPEG2 on it's own but it's been more of a hassle then it's worth thanks to both crashes and memory leaks.

Back