good all round editing software?

Re: good all round editing software?

Most likely not. DVDs are MPEG-2 format. Do you have DVD authoring/encoding software?

Coming from Studio, you're actually in a fairly decent position to go into Vegas. I think you'll find the interfaces similar.

Will I be able to create a dvd using the trial version (since they state on download page of Vegas that cannot use mpeg and ac-3 in trial version)?

That's why I asked if you have any other DVD authoring software (besides Studio). If not, then no.

Oops, I missed your comment. The only dvd authoring software I have is what came with the Studio, so I guess I am out of luck. At least I can try out the Vegas and see how it works. I just downloaded this morning, and from the looks of the user manual, it will be much more complex than Studio. Do you have any idea whether I could expect to see any better video of audio quality producing dvd's from Vegas compared with Studio (assuming that everything else is the same)?

I'm guessing here because the last time I used Vegas was Ver. 4 and I havn't used Pinnacle but I see no reason why you can't export your finished clip from Vegas as an avi and then encode it with Pinnacle to DVD.

[quote author=dakotapod link=board=gensoft;num=1100355342;start=15#24 date=11/22/04 at 09:07:07]I'm guessing here because the last time I used Vegas was Ver. 4 and I havn't used Pinnacle but I see no reason why you can't export your finished clip from Vegas as an avi and then encode it with Pinnacle to DVD.[/quote]

He wants to do a 24p DVD and Studio won't do it.

Actually David, Pinnacle 6 does edit in 24p now, but does not capture in 24P.
The reason I did not move up. However, it depends on what you are editing and doing. I use LE 5.62, because I do Weddings. It is more convenient because I can author my DVDs right from the timeline, plus the layout of the program is more organized than the some of the other prgrams. Also, most of our clients have NTSC tvs and have no clue about 24P. I sometimes shoot in 24P and have some other things I do in LE to get a film like look for highlight clips and stuff.

Studio 9 I use for basic transfers that need little to no editing. It is quick and convenient. It saves me time and makes me extra $$.

As a friend and I are planning on doing different things like music videos and hopefully filmmaking (documentaries, shorts) I am building another system for the Premiere Suite(PP1.5, Encore, Audition, & AE). That will make four computers.....I need to clone myself now :D to run them all.

As I've explained before, there's a 24p timeline in Edition 6, but it will not remove pulldown. You have to do that in another program. It makes Edition 6 functionally worthless for editing in 24p.

Other than that, I think it's a fine editing app.

Back