No transitions

Captain Jack

Guys this is driving me nuts. I'm so frustrated I'm thinking about buying FCPX! I bought Cs5.5, upgraded to CS5.52. On both versions I have NO TRANSITIONS! I downloaded the file directly from Adobe as a trial and can't seem to get this to work.I have all of my audio transitions, but no Video Transitions. I'm running Mac Snow Leapord 10.6.8., have a 2.93GHZ i7, PLEASE HELP!!!
I have reloaded endless times and used the cleaner. On my effects bin there are 3 tabs accelerated, 32bit and YUV. I've tried every combination. I reloaded my CS4 and it works fine.

Last edited:
I can confirm that CS5.5 has a ton of transitions... but I vaguely remember running into a problem like this, and I think it may have been when I upgraded my trial to full. In general Adobe's software management is pretty poor, and I guess it has messed up your install somehow.

Although it will be a pain, can I suggest that you:
  1. de-activate CS5.5
  2. un-install it
  3. un-install any old versions you may have of CS apps (e.g. you may have multiple versions of PP)
  4. clean out any old Abobe/xxx folders belonging to CS (move them somewhere safe in case it turns out you need them...)
  5. re-install CS5.5, from the "full version" disks / download, using the keys to install it as the full version all in one
This will need the install keys, of course.

The disadvantage of this process is that you will lose any title templates or presets (other stuff?) that you have created in CS -- though you may be able to back them up, or you could try just not doing step 4.

Painful as all this is, I don't know if it will work, but it SHOULD leave you with everything set up the way it should be for a clean install. I know that at least once I had some kind of similar problem and this process worked for me. BTW I'm on Windows, so I'm only guessing that CS on Mac may have the same issue.

Hope this helps...

Back