Halo 3 Pro Montage!

Burlesque

I'm going to make a nicew montage out of a Halo 3 Pro's gameplay. And i havn't done anything like this before.

What i need to do:

Cut, put in music, maybe some effects.

I want to know where i can get hold of som nice tips, some factors that will make my montage better. Anyone made a game montage before and can help me?

/David Forslund. Sweden.

No I haven't 'cause it all looks the same, I prefer to shoot it myself. But you might come out with something cool if you take the big action parts--explosions, vehicles flipping, people dying--and cut that to some kind of rock music. Put the fast part of the motion and your cuts on the hits in the music--the beats, guitar riffs--to give the captued footage more impact. Try and set up cool stuff to happen in the game instead of just capturing some gameplay--that is, choerograph your gameplay.

here is a gamer movie that was so successful the EA company gave these guys exclusive look at their new game

http://www.gamerztheatre.com/content/view/18/82/

the movie is called "the fallen one"

think you can read somewhere how they did this using gamecam or machimina or some other type of in game capture. then use the avi created to NLE station and go.

if you really want to be creative you will need to get a team of online gamers to act out pre scripted scenes and a thought process, no different than a movie. use the build up then action then hero at the end type, keep it short maybe 10minuts max.

post if u do this, it would be interesting to see

good luck

Tin Man

Thanks, but that would be more like an cinematic movie.

I'm going to edit someones competitive gameplay online to show others how good he is, thats an easy explanation. :)

Back