I Want to get this weird effect and I dont know what the effect is called !!!

imseth

The effect is an erie speeding up and kinda stuttering, but not high shutter speed choppy. They used it in the Aphex Twin Music video "Come To Daddy" directed by Michel Gondry.

that video's actually by chris cunningham, who's a brilliant editor. He edits on an avid, but I don't see why you can't get a similar effect using variable speed and chopping up your clips. It's not like there's some plugin that just does it though.

Exactly what Mfro said.

You'd need to have a master clip and speed it up to around 230%.
(RightClick>Speed..)
Then, you could see how that works, see how you like it, add more or less speed. For the choppy parts, you'd need to actually drop frames. It might be cool to do it like drop 2 frames every 7 frames, but it'll get pretty uniform after a while. Especially with frame blending, you should SaveAs, mess around, and if you don't like what you've created, quit the application, and you'll start brand new.

I'd randomly cut about 3-10 frames where I felt necessary, to give it a cool aged and unexpected look. What project are you doing that would require this type of effect?

I am doing a music video and these guys and they just want freaky stuff in there video ......do you know if there is a frame droping filter?

imseth said:
I am doing a music video and these guys and they just want freaky stuff in there video ......do you know if there is a frame droping filter?

Nothing uniform. It would have to be a filter to generate random frame dropping. Haha you could just capture your video with tons of apps running to cut your machines speed and it would naturally drop frames.

Put your track on V1 and duplicate it on V2 and then off-set them by a few frames and apply the "Blink" filter to V2 and play with the settings. I garauntee some interesting things will happen!

Actually, there is a filter (It may not work for what your doing, but it's called a strobe filter. It might look cool if your sequence is sped up...

Back