Davinci and Behringer x-touch, short clip

Publimix

I made a very short and dirty clip to show my Behringer X-touch control and Davinci Resolve 16.2

Davinci will crash with the wrong settings.

I had a novation launch control which worked OK, but the X-touch automation follows the position of the faders in the timeline.
I then tried a Mackie Control Universal working but unfortunately that didn't work. I sold it and bought the Behringer X-Touch.

Automation with motorized faders works well in Fairlight. It makes working with multi channel audio a bit easier.

You can assign different effects to the faders. Touching the faders (can) activate them.

Last edited:
Yes, but a cheaper option is the novation launch control that does pretty much the same. Except for the cool motorized faders. And that is helpfull for bigger projects with lots of soundtracks. Seeing what the faders do can be very handy.

Thanks for the info. But I assume that the motorized faders are a must to really appreciate the control surface.

Yeah, you are right, the same can be done with the on-screen-controllers in Fairlight. But being able to manually correct audio tracks works well for me. I see the waveforms on screen an can anticipate with the faders.
Again, though it is not necessary it works a bit faster. Just as the 10 dollar- 7-button-programmable-game-mouse I use. That was one of my best investments last year.

Back