cx350 streaming issues

ade c

hi, I have just got the new cx350 and having trouble saving the network settings to sd card . I just get SAVE NG message .
Also is there a way on to copy the long facebook live key without manually typing in the camera as it is a painful process, i saw possible software but was pc only , i use mac.

thankyou.
ade

thanks mitch, I have sent message to panasonic support here in the uk, will update if anything comes of it.
Have found quite a lack of info on this camera so far and the instruction manuals are the worst I have ever had from any panasonic camera i have bought.

Also is there a way on to copy the long facebook live key without manually typing in the camera as it is a painful process, i saw possible software but was pc only , i use mac.

It would be nice if there were a way to enter the stream configuration settings from the app (that would make it easier to copy and paste stream keys from the various streaming platforms). Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to do this right now.

For Facebook, you can create persistent stream keys for an account, so that you can re-use the same stream key across multiple streams:
https://www.facebook.com/facebookme...tent-stream-keys-crossposting-and-live-rewind

This doesn't really help with entering the stream key the first time, but at least you'd only have to type it in once when doing multiple streaming sessions for a particular Facebook account.

Thankyou barry i did check the cards and that they were formated properly, support are looking into this issue for me, will post any guidance.

yes dave there must be a more simple method to copy the text, my idea of being able to do quick live testimonials to clients facebook pages on the fly would be pretty impractical as it would take such a long time to enter different ones ,
oh well.

I was only to get the stream settings to save to a card successfully if the configured Streaming URL started with rtmp://
Then, I got a SAVE OK message upon saving.

With any other stream URL, I got the same SAVE NG message you were seeing.

hi, panasonic support just confirmed the same thing - this camera doesnt support rmtps ( the default key info in facebook ) only use rtmp and save ng error would be seen if stream isnt correct. Still not working for me, guess doing something else wrong but will get there.

one more question - the view finder and the lcd screen have quite different colours, wondering which one is more accurate? or should be adjusted ?

As of May 1, 2019, Facebook started requiring RTMPS (the SSL/TLS secured version of RTMP) for sending live streams to their platform:
https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/v2/2019/04/16/live-video-uploads-rtmps/

Panasonic should probably remove Facebook Live compatibility from their marketing materials for the CX350, unless they plan to provide a firmware update that adds RTMPS support.
https://pro-av.panasonic.net/en/products/ag-cx350/features03.html

Requiring encrypted streams is probably a good move for the long term, but it has broken compatibility with a lot of hardware live streaming encoders (including those in cameras) in the short term.

The only workaround I know of for this limitation is to stream to an intermediate distribution platform that still accepts unsecured RTMP connections as input, but can redistribute the stream as an RTMPS output. There are various live redistribution services like Restream.io, Switchboard Live, and Castr that offer this kind of functionality as these services accept a single input stream and can send it out to multiple platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, etc.). It should also be possible to do this via Wowza Streaming Engine or Streaming Cloud for more custom applications.

thankyou dave for that indepth info. Will explore the options you have given .
I told uk support about the issue, he will pass it on. maybe barry green could do the same ?
encrypted streams seems an obvious way to go .

thankyou barry, by the way your videos on youtube for the cx350 are great, tons of useful tips which have proved really helpful. Only the link to download the book doesnt work?

AI still cant webstream tried via restream that failed to. , I am wondering if anyone has succesfully streamed from a macbook or iphone ? i suspect this might be the problem? or does it matter which browser you use? i dont own a pc.
I can connect my wifi router on a macbook and on iphone but iphone hotspot fails to connect , Hotspot from an sony z android phone conected to cx350 fine ( didnt get chance to try streaming from that )
youtube wont let me stream stream using a mobile device ( need 1000 subscribers yeesh)

For clarification:

The CX350 DOES support RTMPS, it supports it today and it supported it from the first firmware version, so there is no problem with streaming to RTMPS servers.

You can enter an RTMPS:// URL into the camera's MEMORY, and connect to the streaming server and stream video.

You can also enter the URL into the P2 Network Setting Software (Windows only), and then save it to an SD card from that software, and then use that memory card in the CX350 to supply the RTMPS address.

What appears to be a potential problem is if you already have the RTMPS address in the camera, and you then try to save that address out to an SD card. That results in the NG error that ade c (the OP) posted about. Panasonic is looking into that, and I will update if I hear anything else.

thanks barry, i can confirm that is correct, i reinitialised my network settings and put in an rtmp address and was able to save to memory card.

Hi barry , i just downloaded your ebook thankyou very much .
Just in case anyone else has issues, the download button wont work on firefox. I downloaded fine on chrome .

Back