New Panasonic AG-DVC30 & film look

Re: New Panasonic AG-DVC30 & film look

Thanks guys for convincing me to go with the DVX100A (not DVC30 nor DVC80). I just got off the phone within the hour and purchased one with Rush at EVS. When it arrives, I'll finally go from a DVX wannabe (which I've been for quite a while now-the first 182 posts since I found this site) to a DVX user!

Re: New Panasonic AG-DVC30 & film look

[quote author=magicdavek link=board=nws;num=1076512344;start=0#22 date=04/09/04 at 13:03:33]Thanks guys for convincing me to go with the DVX100A (not DVC30 nor DVC80). I just got off the phone within the hour and purchased one with Rush at EVS. When it arrives, I'll finally go from a DVX wannabe (which I've been for quite a while now-the first 182 posts since I found this site) to a DVX user![/quote] Thanks Dave, and I hope you the best of luck in your endeavours. I like your style! ;D

i want to buy an AG DVC-30

i want to buy an AG DVC-30

Hi!!! i´m a new member of the community, and i want to buy the AG-dvc30!!! Have any of you guys heard anything of this store?

www.infinitiphoto.com
their price on the ag-dvc30 is extremely convinient, checkout this link
http://infinitiphoto.com/viewitem.php?IndexID=4844

I´m from Latin America, that´s why i´m researching before i order the camera and find out that all i get is the view finder and a couple of plastic wrapped up!!!

Any info on these guys?

ThankS!

Sal

Good choice Magic, the DVX is definitely the way to go. I'd rather get the GS400 vs. the DVC30 myself anway!

Now I'm back in the market again, and the DVC30 is on my list. I've been using my DVX100A for a year now. I have 5 weddings lined up and my old one chip cameras look pretty crummy next to my DVX100A on my 3 camera wedding shoots. (Actually in an outdoor wedding, they meshed well with the DVX).

I'm thinking about getting a DVX100 (not A) off of eBay. Also, I'm considering the other Panasonic three chipers, like the GS250 (I'd like the GS400 but they seem no longer available - I think they got pulled when they had the audio noise problem). I've also noticed that JVC GY-DV500's are going for about the same price as a used DVX100 (about $2100 ot $2300) and the DV500 has 1/2" chips.

The fact that I have no money for doing this hasn't stopped me from looking. I'll basically be spending some of the wedding video money before I actually make it. But my thinking is that my current wedding demo is one three chip camera (100A) and two single chip cameras. If I could do a wedding with 3 cameras that are all 3CCD, I could have a higher quality demo and charge more.

But back to topic, the DVC30 and it's bigger brother, the shoulder mounted DVC60 are very attractive cameras to me. Adam Wilt actually reviewed the DVC30 and said that its 60i footage was quite comparable to the DVX!

"The camera's 410-kilopixel (380,000 effective) 1/4-inch CCDs record a clean and detailed picture that matches or even exceeds the DVX100's quality. Detail, latitude, aliasing, vertical smear, and color rendition were very close to those of the larger camera."

You need an account at DV.com to access the review:
http://www.dv.com/reviews/reviews_i...=Cameras&articleId=48800242&_requestid=365259

From what I have seen when compared to the DVX100a in 24p the DVC30 can't stand up. Again the DVC30 is basically a scaled down version of the DVX with many of its features removed, not to mention the DVC30 has 1/4" CCD's, and no true progressive mode.

30 v 400

30 v 400

Majic if I may add. I too agree with Mr. Blonde the gs400 is a better way to go than the dvc30 but also if all you need is a good 3 chipper and dont need 24p I would go for the dvc80 its a great 3 chip cam.

i was at b&h yestedray. the dvc30 looked pretty good. Granted its not a dvx, or a dvc80, but it still looked great. however its zoom controll is iffy and i Hate the way it focuses, it has a pronounced lag and a sudden start and stop when you turn the focus ring.

My fiend has a DVC80, i really like it. it takes the same beauiful 60i that the dvx does. (with all that great color too) Its just minus the 24p. he makes skate videos no need for the 24p. but it has everything else including cinegamma.

DVC80's aren't produced anymore. You'll have to find one on ebay. I use the DVC30 as a second cam for weddings backing up my DVX100a. For that purpose it works pretty well. I'm sure the others mentioned would work well too though.

Cinegamma

Cinegamma

Someone mentioned that the dvc80 had cinegamma I have the 80 but I did not know it had cinegamma if it does I would like to use it.

Hi there.

I'm new to this forum. It looks like a great place to gather useful information on the dvx100 camera.

I'm starting a production where we will be using dvx100a's as our main cameras, but I'm looking into getting the dvc30 for the infrared option. Has anyone any experience with this feature on this camera? All my work with infrared has been with Sony cameras.
Also, does the anamorphic lens fit the dvc30?

Many thanks
Marcel

Back