24P and 24P Advanced in post.

I just recently got my 100B and Im not sure what the major differances are between 24P and 24 P advanced shooting modes. I heard that one is better than the other depending on what your editing suite is. Im not really sure what the better would be for what enviroment, but Im editing on FCP 5 and AE 6.5. Any information on 24P and 24P advanced shooting conditions pros and cons, would be awesome!

From the Barry Book:

: if you are going to edit it on a 24P timeline, it's better to shoot in 24P Advanced. If you are going to edit it on a 60i timeline, it's better to shoot 24P Normal.

-GageFX

These are some of the most common questions there are. Search man. There's no point in reinventing the wheel.
24p is scene file 5, capture with standard NTSC settings and edit in standard NTSC timeline.
24pa is scene file 6, capture with 24pAdvanced settings, edit in 23.97 timeline.

Dude... shoot 24p normal> In the FCP menu go to "easy setup"> scroll to "DV NTSC"> press enter. There ya go.

Now while your doing this, search the forum and do your research on the differences, pros, cons, and editing solutions of the different shooting modes.

Back