Rebate ???????

rgdfilms

Wet poodle
I just got wind from Robin at Profeel that the rebate has been extended. She confirmed it with Panasonic. She does sell cameras for a living so take that into consideration. Can I get a confirmation on this rebate thing ???? :shocked:

try reading the thread directly below this one for info on the rebate.

if purchasing at a non authorized dealer, you need to ask for an invoice with detail before you hand them any kind of financial info. request the serial number be included, so you can check out if it is going to be a grey market camera and would have a record if things go wrong.

btw, i purchase equipment for production companies and i recommend that you find a better alternative than this path. i'm going to let it go now and wish you well.

what would be the better alternative. I don't purchase through production companies and I don't have a budget. I am working with pennies. So going to RUSH at EVS would be safer but would cost me a heck of a lot more and I could use that money for a new battery, etc. And can these non-authorized dealers even get serial numbers from unopened products ??? What do I do, just call and ask them to email it to me before they ship because I don't trust them...?

for alternatives read and absorb the info that is already at your disposal on this site. one suggestion that i have is to get a used camera from a verifiable source.

i was not implying that i get a better deal than you. but i have seen what can go wrong (with others, not me of course). the less informed you are, the more likely you are to get played.

you are better off asking questions before you have laid down cash than after. don't worry so much about offending vendors, they are supposed to be making you feel comfortable and you are entitled to the info.

Often times a company is a dealer for one brand and not another, so they trade with other dealers to get the products they wish to sell, eliminating the need for an authorised distribution agreement. They often call them "trading partners"

So--Yes, it is entirely possible that this is what Profeel is doing.. They could have a US-based "trading partner" that is also an authorised US dealer for Panasonic. So, the person who bought the camera from Profeel and got his rebate obviously got a US camera.. But, the point is you can't necessarily have a guarantee of what you're getting since they are not authorised..

What you're talking about is an additional 10% to 15% above the price of a camera sold through a non-dealer to have a guarantee of a US warranty, book+DVD, MagicBullet, and $300 rebate. Considering you only purchase a camera once, an extra 15% is a small price to pay for peace of mind. It ultimately comes to what kind of person you are. Do you insure your valuables against theft or damage? Do you get Full Coverage or Liability on your auto policy? Or, do you do only have what it takes to "get by" It's rhetorical. It's none of my business how someone else spends their money.

The point is that everyone makes choices and some are more predictable than others
based on how their perception and philosophy of risk management.

Here is a breakdown of the options that you are weighing:

US Model from an authorized dealer
---Barry's book is worth $75
---Magic Bullet goes for $300
---Rebate is $300
---The US Warranty is worth whatever it saves you if something is covered under it.
---peace of mind

buying from someone who isn't authorized
---maybe getting a US unit or
---none of the above

question though, I'm going to call profeel and get the serial number but what do I do with that after I get it ? is there a place online where I can enter it through panasonic?

also, how should I approach this aquiring the serial number thing, do I just be honest and say there are a lot of gray market dealers out there and I want to cover my ass before giving you all if this hard-earned money I've been saving up...

thanks

also, any word on the warranty ? is it still going on ? no confirmation from jan yet

--don't know if you can check out serial # on line or will have to contact a Panasonic Sales rep.
--to ask profeel for info, you need to alter your mindset. You are The Client. You need the Serial Number and if they can't provide it, then that is a deal breaker. Period. Not a request or a question, just the terms of the purchase. If you want to provide an explanation, then just say that's what your boss says and he isn't very nice.
--if by waranty, you mean rebate ... then check the thread that address this just below.

one last time, Having taken all these precautions, still can not assure you that you will not have a huge headache if you go this route. I can assure you that all will be fine if you go the Authorized Dealer route.

Not to sound mean, but this topic has been covered countless times and you can get all your neccessary info by reading and searching this site.

Like I said before, if your planning on shooting a "need to meet deadline feature" this weekend and don't have the cash for Rush, go ahead and buy from a non-authorized dealer (keep in mind the risks). On the other hand if you have the time, be patient to save up more money and eliminate your chances of being scammed!!

The price difference between EVS and Profeel is something infitesimally small, like 3% or something. And for that 3% you'll get a guaranteed US unit, guaranteed not to be gray market, and the best service you could ask for. Plus, ProFeel charges extremely higher prices on their accessories (they use the camera as a loss leader) -- so if you want spare batteries or filters or something, you might end up with a lower overall price (after shipping, etc) by going with EVS. Seriously, call Rush at www.EVSOnline.com and see what he can do -- he might be able to put together a package that makes sense for you.

I actually just did call RUSH and he is awesome ! They only have 4 cameras left, whoops, make that 3. I just placed an order. Thanks Rush. You saved me.

yeah i do actually, skrew those Coney Island bastards. 3 months ago I ordered a Gl2 from abes of maine and recieved it in a torn up box. who does that ??? ha!

does it work within Final Cut Pro ? or is at seperate utility? their website makes it look like a seperate piece of software that treats your footage beforehand.

thanks

Back