Does AF100 shoot PAL? Need quick answer

nedcam

I will be needing to shoot in 1080P 25 and looking through the manual I think that my AF100 won't do it. I had thought I saw it in the manual but now am worried it is an add on option like it was in the HPX series? Am I missing something? I could use the answer asap.

And if I have to go under VFR I have heard horror stories about the audio not being recorded even though the meters are moving.

Also the client made a strong point that it has to be 1920 x 1080P, so want to make sure it's progressive.

Thanks guys!

Ned

Last edited:
I'm relatively sure it does.

Try going to "OTHER FUNCTIONS" & change "SYSTEM FREQ" to 50 Hz. Then go into "SCENE FILE" & select your "REC FORMAT".

I'd test on mine, but have a shoot early in the morning & don't want to mess with my settings right now.

Yes, it works, just as Bern elucidates. Shot PAL for BBC shortly after I got the AF.

Only real caveat is that you can't record both PAL and NTSC on the same card... you'll need to format the card once you switch to PAL

WOW Thanks Bern!!! Seems to do the trick. I would never have found it or thought to look there. I am running a 20 minute test and will import into FCP to make sure my settings are correct. Thanks so much buddy!

If your filming PAL in a country with 60 Hz Utility Frequency watch out for lights flickering.

HMIs, & Fluorescents, with high speed ballasts won't be a concern, but many other lights will require a change in shutter angle.

And if I have to go under VFR I have heard horror stories about the audio not being recorded even though the meters are moving.

The horror stories come from those that ignored the fact or discovered it by happenstance..

You will see the meter reading audio and you can monitor it but also there is a RED line striking across the Audio Icon (if you have the current firmware)

Put a note on your camera to warn / remind you. We have done exactly that with a label maker. 'VFR-No Audio REC'

Back