Dual Layer burning problems in Encore CS4

David Red Tide

Hi, Im new so be gentle :thumbsup:

Firstly Im not great at the whole computer business and I need advice big time for a project which is already overdue and can only really understand simple english and basic step by step stuff!

I have a DVD project with 12 videos, all with audio and 3 menus, built in Premiere and after effects. I am trying to burn the completed project in Encore, I have checked it (fine), rendered it (fine), previewed it (fine) but for some ungodly reason the blinking thing won't burn!

I have had a hardware error 37303, which seems to be sorted now but also a "completed failed" message several times. I encoded it last night to MPEG2 DVD with the audio in PCM. This took about 7 hours and when I awoke this morning there was a message saying it had failed again and that the data point in one video was too high and therefore it couldnt continue and I needed to resize it (or words to that effect)

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. All I want to do is burn this DVD and it's driving me crazy :furious3:

The project is 7.5GB in size and I have 20GB of hardrive space free. Does anybody have the solution? If so you may be saving me a trip to the madhouse!

I'm not sure but for a 7.5GB project I could see it using 20GB or more working area during the build process. So it might be running out of space.

One thing that could help (given you do indeed have enough disk space) is to build to an iso image on hard disk and then burn the image to the dvd. This separates the encoding process from the burning so if a problem happens during the burn at least you don't have to start again from square one.

I'm not sure but for a 7.5GB project I could see it using 20GB or more working area during the build process. So it might be running out of space.

One thing that could help (given you do indeed have enough disk space) is to build to an iso image on hard disk and then burn the image to the dvd. This separates the encoding process from the burning so if a problem happens during the burn at least you don't have to start again from square one.

Thanks for that.

I've tried burning a disc, an image and a file and still no luck on any however :(

I just can't understand why something that should be so simple is being so unbelievably difficult!

In my experience i've found better luck in exporting the raw DVD files into a folder, and using a freeware program like IMGBURN to set the break layer for you when you make an ISO from the files.

Adobe Encore has never been able to set the layer break properly without erroring out on export.

How?

How?

From Encore, how do you get the files out so you can take them into Imgburn? I'm having a DL problem and no matter how I make the image file, I can't get my duplicator to burn the files. I'm making many frisbees.

Thanks,

Doug

Demistate
In my experience i've found better luck in exporting the raw DVD files into a folder, and using a freeware program like IMGBURN to set the break layer for you when you make an ISO from the files.

Adobe Encore has never been able to set the layer break properly without erroring out on export.​

From Encore, how do you get the files out so you can take them into Imgburn? I'm having a DL problem and no matter how I make the image file, I can't get my duplicator to burn the files. I'm making many frisbees.

Thanks,

Doug

Export the file structure out of Encore instead of trying to burn a disc. This just places files in a folder, then you take it to IMG burn and put them on a disc. Check their forums for more details about getting it onto the disc since i've never done it with a Blu-Ray

Try their support form. Looks like there are lots of issues with pre-mature drive firmware and cheap media:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=6

Back