[WTB] DVX100 or any of its variants

BrandonC

EDIT:
GOT ONE!

Seems like eBay is the only real place to get them - and I'm terrified of that for obvious reasons.

Looking to buy one of these for a fair price. Does anyone have one that is in good working condition?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll piggyback on this old post. Looking for a DVX100B if anyone is sitting on one. Adding to my fleet of vintage cameras!

I have an HVX200A for sale, which in the cassette mode gives the same DVX100 image, in addition to other features such as the All I Fram image and ...
But ergonomics, weight and ease of use never like the DVX100, it is difficult to use and heavier

The DVX100 is a unique ergonomic -style camera that gives the filmmaker's motivation and accompaniment to what makes the camera excellent, not the quality of the video, but its body ...

Last edited:
Thanks Takumarr. I had considered it. There is going to be a little difference in the look compared to the DVX100 even when in same settings, as it was a different chip. I rent out vintage cameras and the look for each is quite specific and of its time. If the HVX had an HDMI out it would make it more attractive, as you know it is problematic to get digital video out (there is no good chain to convert Firewire into a video signal without a computer). Will keep looking for a DVX in the meantime.

I have heard the main HVX on SD mode weaker because the pixel dimensions are smaller, but in 200. A. The new sensor be in SD mode like DVX100

The 200A appears to have increased the size of the sensor 300 microns(1/3mm)

Wow, can’t believe how much people still want this camera. I literally sold a DVX100B for $50 a couple years back just to get rid of it.

There is a resurgence of interest in "vintage" cameras because, fashion is circular. When affordable cameras and optics got great, suddenly people want the opposite. I have been focusing primarily on tube cameras from the 80's as I think that is a very specific look that cannot be duplicated digitally, but there is also a growing interest in the DV look as well. Who knew?! And Dustin--you are killing me with this, haha.

There is a resurgence of interest in "vintage" cameras because, fashion is circular. When affordable cameras and optics got great, suddenly people want the opposite. I have been focusing primarily on tube cameras from the 80's as I think that is a very specific look that cannot be duplicated digitally, but there is also a growing interest in the DV look as well. Who knew?! And Dustin--you are killing me with this, haha.

I’ve seen a lot of your posts on here Charles regarding your vintage armada of cameras. It’s a very cool idea.

If I still had my dvx I’d send it your way. At the time I got rid of it I don’t think the demand was there like it is now. I probably could have gotten a few more bucks for it on eBay at the time but it had literally sat in a shelf unused for years and I really just wanted it gone so I think I posted it for $50 “buy it now” or something.

I agree there’s a resurgence in using this old stuff. Apparently the youths are also into shooting with very early digital stills cameras at the moment. I get it, everything old is new again, whether it’s fashion, tech, whatever.

Having lived through the full digital revolution like most of the people on this forum I have no desire to go back to the old days of crappy looking video.

But I know it’s an aesthetic. :)

Back