GH4 GH4 amazing quality IMO

starcentral

Couple GH4 projects i'm currently grading, these not final but close. Loving the footage and color from the GH4... and I own the F55 :nads:

34186242364_9db40f2aa0_c.jpg

34802622562_6df5cd292d_c.jpg

34911244486_84ff7989c0_c.jpg

34564570980_935fb1ca83_c.jpg

35241246885_274d6d7cd9_c.jpg

35241217225_1fd33ae2c0_c.jpg

35241218945_5c95d53192_c.jpg

35241218165_bda5e81915_c.jpg

I agree. GH4 is still a very good camera in capable hands and also still very relevant in my opinion. We still use a couple of them along with an Osmo Pro (X5 camera) and we're shooting a doc with them now. The footage still impresses, especially to an external recorder. We've used V-Log L internally before too but it's much better in 10 bit. We use Cinelke D a lot too, I made my own LUT in Photoshop to help control the orange/green issues with Cinelke D.

Nice work. Looks like you know what your next camera is then.

Morgan Moore, didn't you once say that the GH4 footage was unusable in Davinci?

Morgan Moore, didn't you once say that the GH4 footage was unusable in Davinci?

I may have. I think I was shooting internal and very flat and at high iso and underexposed (the thing is less sensitive than the FS7 which was A)

Someone loaded 'their' settings on my camera and it looks OK now.

Dens grabs im honestly not feeling the skin in the first frame - its a bit wooden AKA IMO needs more Scurve.

S

I may have. I think I was shooting internal and very flat and at high iso and underexposed (the thing is less sensitive than the FS7 which was A)

Someone loaded 'their' settings on my camera and it looks OK now.

Thanks for clarifying, it's something that you said before that stuck in my head about the GH4. Cheers

@jack - still secretly hoping BMD comes out with 4K version of the BMPCC with 12-bit RAW.. that would be damn sweet! But yes the GH4 impresses me for sure!

@sam - The lighting is very not flattering in that first grab and I did nothing to fix the contrast of it, so i might still go back and adjust it.

I was told the DP mostly used overhead existing lights with an occasional LED used for fill but I rarely saw any fill when grading the project.

Here's one shot before any mask on the face, and after. The women was severely backlight and I pumped up the gamma using a mask afterwards, the footage held up strong.

4lsow6.jpg

illg2g.jpg

Thanks for clarifying, it's something that you said before that stuck in my head about the GH4. Cheers

That underexposed frame that dennis just posted.. yep mine was like that.. Im suprised he has pulled so much back - I wonder on the recording mode.

Of course the tiddly monitor and histo dont help.

All clips given to me were H.264 4K and around 95/mbits. Would that be the camera default?

I have this habit of posting the absolute worst shots from projects :D but that first image and the last were probably the only bad ones in the whole thing. ie. too much contrast or underexposed.

The rest was pretty decent, there were some outdoor shots too that looked quite nice.

Back