New Australian Music Video - GH13 Hack AVCHD

powervideo

Mot sure if this is the right forum for this.

This was shot in 1080 25P and 720 50P with Zeiss Contax lenses and the 20mm pancake. I used the C settings. We launched the video and single last night at a rooftop concert in Sydney. A couple of Fox producers came up to me and said they want to air it next week. Here's hoping...

http://vimeo.com/13542014

holy @#$@# that looks like Red One footage.

i was waiting for a long time for professional footage to start rolling in that uses HACKED gh1 since 99% of shorts/videos/actual footage on web is non hacked.

this looks INCREDIBLE.
I can't even believe this is the gh1. I'll have to see proof. come on what you trying to pull buddy, i know what a Red looks like...............lol

Thanks Chris. Yeah the lenses are so important. These Contax's are over 20 years old, but they are still so good. I did try a Yashica Contax 100-300mm but I felt it was too soft. I'm going to use it on my current nature project though for certain shots. It may only need some minor post-work to be usuable.

Good stuff Peter, good to see another fellow Aussie showing quality stuff here.

Ever need anything on the Gold Coast / Brisbane give me a hoy.

I like the singer,footage,but dont like the chick,but thats an artistic call...

lenses are are on ebay every day..

which focal lengths did you use 50 f 1.4 and 85 f1.4?

I like the singer,footage,but dont like the chick,but thats an artistic call...

lenses are are on ebay every day..

which focal lengths did you use 50 f 1.4 and 85 f1.4?

Tess is awesome!! I used the 20mm f1.7, 28mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4 and 85mmf1.4. I tried the 135 f2.8 but didn't use the clips.

Wow… this video looked clean as a whistle. Nice looking video. The only thing that kinda bothered me was the sharpness. Did you turn down sharpness in cam? I really like the detail in the image produced though. Looks like you used a more expensive pro camera on this.

I thought the girl looked good…. I mean it must have taken a heck of a long time to cover her in paint like that. It reminded me of Duran Duran’s “Hungry like a Wolf.”

wow are you kidding me? Which chick did you not like? The one without the makeup was one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen you must be crazy...unless you meant the girl dancing in the body paint

Wow… this video looked clean as a whistle. Nice looking video. The only thing that kinda bothered me was the sharpness. Did you turn down sharpness in cam? I really like the detail in the image produced though. Looks like you used a more expensive pro camera on this.

I thought the girl looked good…. I mean it must have taken a heck of a long time to cover her in paint like that. It reminded me of Duran Duran’s “Hungry like a Wolf.”

Thanks Ian. No I left sharpness as standard. When I used to mess around with the settings on the 7D I was never happy with the results, so I left it as-is on the GH1 and selected "smooth" for pic quality.

6 hours to paint her, another 6 to film her. Yes Duran Duran; I was working at Shepperton Studios when they were making Wild Boys. Now those were the days! Showing age now :(

Back