Cool "Chinese Women Unite" Music Video

Sorry to hear that, the video and the song were pretty catchy :) Lovely editing too, I like how you captured the energy of the song in the video.

I own a 7d but was looking around here for GH1 footage. Stumbled across your music vid. I want to say I am a tough critic but you really have a lot of talent.

I have a ton of questions but I'll narrow them down to a few.

Do you have behind the scenes photos or video? Would be interested to see how you guys pulled this off.

Also I absolutely love the use of flares. Can you elaborate on your technique for that. How did you get them to look so great.

In color grading how far did you push and pull your image in post. I ask because it look great, no bad noise, and colors and everything looks sharp. I think sharp is important. People try to soften up their images but in all reality even film is sharp. People think if they soften their images it will look more film like but I will tell you that film looks like film because it is sharp.... now matter how soft it is, if I'm making sense to anyone. Leads to my last point.

Lastly I completely agree 100% and it annoys the heck out of me how people abuse depth of field. It's like they have been shooting on the DVX and HVX and suddenly get a film like camera with some depth of field and literally almost every shot is abused. I always find myself asking why the heck to they shoot so many shots with a shallow depth of field. It's so over used.

Back