Tourist with a GH1: Illinois (Chicago)

Ben_B

http://vimeo.com/6340277

Hope you guys enjoy! My latest montage of some stuff I shot in Chicago + Western/Downstate Illinois + Illinois countryside (driving.)

screenshot20090830at951.png

screenshot20090830at951.png

screenshot20090830at952.png

Remember as always, leave a like or a comment or both! Thanks!

Hi Ben: Thanks for the video! I'm curious as to which scenes were shot using the Sigma 24mm f/1.8 macro?

Hmmm. I think the shot of the guy with the 5D in the above picture (if you look closely even on Vimeo you can just barely see the detail of his skin go in and out slightly as he sways)..I really like the way this lens looks, very very sharp image and narrow DOF at close range...but deeper (and I guess softer but the image still looks sharp) at further distances...it's a bit confusing to shoot with sometimes. The shot of the theatre at the end for sure...that's actually it that I can think of right now.

I didn't use the lens too much running around, which is mostly what I was doing on this trip....so in fact most of the film is kit lens except for those couple of 24mm shots and a few 50mm shots.

Anyone know how to pull the metadata out of the card files for video like we can with photos? I can at least narrow down what was kit and what wasn't.

There is no metadata as far as I am aware.

(No comment from me on your work 'cos I haven't had a chance to look yet :) )

The GH1 automatically saves a shot from the MJPEG with full EXIF info. Have read that metadata isn't in the AVCHD spec.

I don't shoot MJPEG so no love for me. Well....I don't shoot MJPEG so lots of love for me actually lol...just no metadata.

Yeah sure enough even on camera you get no metadata...which is really annoying. Sometimes when a piece of footage doesn't look quite right I'd like to be able to check if I accidentally shot at 1/50 (shooting 720/60p NTSC) instead of 1/60 by accident or something. Usually I hear me curse on the camera, jerk it, and cut it off mid-shot. That's better than any metadata I suppose. :)

Back