Frog + Rocket = Adventure

This is the first scene we shot for a feature we're making, it's the first time we've used the gh1 and its a great camera. Let us know what you think about the cinematography and editing and stuff, we'd like to know if we're doing something wrong or weird.

No frogs were hurt during the making of this.

http://www.vimeo.com/6174229

Character-wise, and story-wise I think this works well, in terms of looking like a thought-out production, it could be better. I say that only because at times it seemed more like documenting something as it was happening, not like a storyboarded shoot of a scripted scene. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, if you are going for a documentary styled look this could work in your favor, just something to think about. As I said, in general I think this is a good way to open a feature, character wise it makes so much sense to just show the character without telling anything, you definitely have that working in your favor. Good luck with the feature!

Thanks Adam, when we wrote the script it was not intended to have a documentary feel or shooting style but I guess that vibe becomes inevitable when it's hand held and there's a lot of insert shots to cover continuity gaps. But if the story and character are getting through then whatever shooting methods we're using, even if they weren't planned, work and are coming naturally to us on set then I guess that's the direction we'll go.

Back