Ps3 + avchd = :-)

Illya Friedman

Hello all,

On a lark I just popped a thumb drive with several short .mts and .m2ts clips into my PS3, and they all played back flawlessly; even those w/audio!

On my 1080p/102" screen I can see every detail and every artifact. The shot of Kimber the Queen is gorgeous!

I really hope more .mts files are posted with the artifacts that people have complained about. I think most compression-style artifacts are being introduced during transcoding for the web, or are seen through lousy PC decoding/playback.

The images are stunning on the projector, it's night and day compared to my PC. I haven't put them on the Mac yet.

I.

Illya Friedman
Hot Rod Cameras

I think it is right that the queen of my household is displayed on a 102" screen...great news.
The royal 'we' will be pleased :)

PSTripla is definitely te best way to view AVCHD footage directly. Or something similar to it. Been doing that with the D90 for just MPJPEG stuff and then started with the AVCHD when barry uploaded his.

All of my gripes about aliasing go away with @ 42" of 1080 glory, it's just the small LCDs and scrutinizing it that gets me.

I don't know why I never thought of this before.

Spent forever looking for good avchd codecs for my Macbook Pro, nothing worked consistently or well.

Put it on a hard drive, connected to PS3, BAM. WAY better picture, very smooth, and ALL the files worked.

Very pleased.

I better get out of the stone age and grab a PS3....there goes the sleeping hours...Oh well once i get into Silent Hill I won't need the sleeping hours anyway.

Back