Christian Rock Music Video shot w/ 5D Mark II !!!

overall great looking images and nice camera work.

something that kept striking me was the singer looked great in all shots but a few of the first ones where she is walking down the sidewalk (without sunglasses)...here eyes seemed a bit too dark and looked a little beady to me but hey thats only a makeup thing though. maybe a little fill light could have helped.

when you were outside did you use any fill lighting? much of it looked really good to me. camera exposures were tastefully done. what lighting did you use in the warehouse for the band?

lenses used? nice that you didnt overuse DOF. just enough there to give emphasis to the subject.

congrats. great work!

david

Instead of using your vignette so heavy why not just a tighter lens? Most of the video imo is just framed too wide, Music Videos are something personally and should be kept tighter on the artist/message. I only use wides to show a location.object but you just seem to have recorded a lot of dead space and used your vignette to compensate. Also knowing these cameras you had to tell one of the band members to not wear any clothing with stripes. Aliasing looks very very bad in this video.

overall great looking images and nice camera work.

something that kept striking me was the singer looked great in all shots but a few of the first ones where she is walking down the sidewalk (without sunglasses)...here eyes seemed a bit too dark and looked a little beady to me but hey thats only a makeup thing though. maybe a little fill light could have helped.

when you were outside did you use any fill lighting? much of it looked really good to me. camera exposures were tastefully done. what lighting did you use in the warehouse for the band?

lenses used? nice that you didnt overuse DOF. just enough there to give emphasis to the subject.

congrats. great work!

david

THanks David! I did not use any outdoor lighting or bounce boards, it was all natural. For the lenses arsenal, I used a wide assortment (mainly the 85mm 1.2, 50mm 1.2, tokina 11-16, and 70-200).

Back