error 30 please help!!

steev'sHVX

I'm in Florida for a shoot and my mark II got splashed by some water the first day and now reads error 30. The only solution I can think of is to put the camera in a bag of rice. I know everyone is going to tell me to send it to canon which I might have to end up doing but has anyone had a similar situation? what did you have to do? do you think it will be fine after it dries? I'm really hoping this can get resolved before I go back home.

Did you completely remove the batteries before turning it back on? I would try completely removing the batteries, card, and letting it sit for a few minutes, then put in the batteries again. I'm just guessing though as I've never seen that error. Good luck!

I turned it off and let it sit for about 10 15 min once it looked dry I tried to turn it on and fail. maybe I should have waited longer

it works now! I am so happy. it finally dried out. the rice trick didn't work I just left it out. it took a few days but its all better

I spoke to soon. same error message now. It did seem pretty awkward for it to work for just one day. any ideas? obviously I'm gonna need to get it checked but anyone have any opinions? nowadays it feels like I'm just talking to myself.

Back