Wedding Audio for C100?

spooderman

Hey guys, I need some advice when it comes to audio for my new C100 camera!

I own a NTG-2 mic and a Triton Fethead which boosts audio.

I also own a Tascam DR 100 MKII recorder, a Zoom H4N and a Rode Videomic.

Normally, I would shoot my wedding on my 7D & videomic, and leave the recorder near the altar to get the vows, and that actually worked great.
However, now that I can actually plug my NTG-2 directly into the C100, should I go with that?

My options are:
NTG-2 + Fethead directly into C100
Videmic directly into C100

I can't plug my NTG2 with Fethead directly into my Tascam while shooting a wedding sadly, as I'm moving around a lot and have only two hands!

Thank you guys :)

Wireless lavaliere mics! As I have read, many wedding shooters put one on the officiant and one on the groom, in addition to few room and plant mics.

Totally agree. I've always had at least an omni LAV mic on the groom, and ideally a second on the officiant. I use Evolutions, but even a modest LAV close to your subject will sound better than a high end shotgun six feet (or more) away.

I do like to run the other mics for fill, sounds of guests, etc.

Guys, thanks so much, I really appreciate it :)

Just wondering - is there any point plugging in the NTG-2 w/ Fethead directly into the C100?

Rode NTG2 and for that matter NTG1 (same thing but phantom power only) are and always will be a noisy mic with a low output..... Thats the way it is and no matter what you put on the end of it, it still is a noisy mic.
Its better than nothing...... but only just.

Back