No sound on my new XLH1

Kim Brownlee

Hi, first time poster here. I can't get any sound from my camera and have tried the troubleshooter guide but still don't get any sound from the original mic. Eventually that won't be a problem as I will be getting external mics and a mixer. But as I'm learning the camera, it would be nice to have sound as a guide. Does anyone have any thoughts as to why it's not working? (And yes, it's plugged in.:-Dum(DBG): )

this may be a fairly obvious question, but are both channel meters lighting up when you shoot? you are saying that your not getting any sound through another external source for playback right?

You should go into your screen menu and refer to your manual and reset the sound settings, its a tedious process but well worth it

If you open up the back left panel on the camera, I"m sure you've noticed lots of different audio options. You have to make sure all the settings apply to how you have the audio set up. If you have the mic. in front active, you have to switch it over to that setting. The audio is all controlled from the rear part of the camera, not so much from the menu.

Back