Pixel shift teory

Takumarr

In the camera that used pixels shift to enhance image resolution and is used by fuji cameras and more,I was already know with this tecnology in the old -age video cameras when there was a resolution limit in CCD, but how does this technique work in the photo?
It is saide some models use four time pixel shifts to obtain a 4x resort, and a 12megapixel sensor like the Sony A7 gets a 48 megapixel photo, meaning the sensor runs left and up and then circulates down and then It comes back
How may it, at what time, if this is the true, how do they match their with high shutter speeds like 1/500 ?...

Last edited:
Pixel shift is mostly used for static photography like landscape. It is very sensitive to any movement so use at your own risk. It can easily cause a photo to be unusable if a problem occurs.

So I use my ingenuity, and I have found an answer to this question,
If the sensor makes a small basilar rotational movement on the order of a micron, then there are 4 shots with one shutter and 1/4 time for the shutter speed.
Thus, for a 1/100 shutter, 1/25 will be needed, for example, if a 1/500 shutter is needed, a 1/125 sensor will light the entire sensor, and each frame of the image will be 1/500 seconds.
It seems that trivial problems have been solved, but Pixel Shift still seems like a myth!!

It's not a myth I once used it for a project where I needed b-roll of church interior to slowly panned to fill large amounts of time. So I took high resolution photos using pixel shift. The problem is it has very limited use because even in landscape things like tree leaves move and wind can slightly shake the camera and if you forget it on you'll ruin any normal photo. There also has been some advancements but in large part if you need a high resolution camera then buy one designed for that purpose. Camera companies have also used pixel shift to inflate the resolution of their camera just the way they used digital zoom. For example I have 24x zoom on my camera and in small print underneath "i Zoom" It's really a 15x lens.

Back