SHORT: New short film

David Evans That was really good. It showcased a very high level of craft and the acting was great too. I like how you made such good use of the small space. How many production days did this take?

Hey, thanks for watching. We did have very little space. I talked with the DP when we were prepping for this and we came to the conclusion that anamorphic would help us create the illusion of depth in such tight space. It would also allow the gaffer to hang the lighting rig in the ceiling, as that house had very short ceiling height. We had to explore horizontal space and not so much vertically.

This was done in 2,5 days and it was only possible because we storyboarded the whole thing.

David, everything about it is excellent. The cinematography, lighting, set design, acting, music, the sound effects, and of course, the directing. It reminds me of the farmhouse scene from Inglourious Basterds. I had to watch it twice, once to read the subtitles and another to enjoy the images. Hard to believe you got all that shot in just a couple of days. Well done.

David, everything about it is excellent. The cinematography, lighting, set design, acting, music, the sound effects, and of course, the directing. It reminds me of the farmhouse scene from Inglourious Basterds. I had to watch it twice, once to read the subtitles and another to enjoy the images. Hard to believe you got all that shot in just a couple of days. Well done.

Hey Doug, thank you for taking the time to watch this (twice) and sharing your kind words. Yes, the scene from Inglorious Basterds was an inspiration but I really wanted this to move towards an eerie fairytale as it approached the end. The ending should mirror the contradiction in the title (is it possible to have a "Once upon a time" in an Apocalypse?).

Cheers!

Back