Neoscene - Mac and PC Workflow - One Step Pulldown Removal

Ah, thanks Jack. Never actually thought to look in the folder just because so many apps don't bother providing an uninstaller.

Unfortunately I'm still having the same issue on a fresh install - maybe it needs an update before it'll work. Anyone else tried it under 10.6?

Anyone else tried it under 10.6?

Won't work for me either. Hangs as soon as you try to convert.

Voltaic seems funky too... when you're in a filer window (to choose a file etc), the contents don't show up until you go up a level etc, then they appear. Does seem to convert OK though. I'm trying trials right now.

It's a bit disappointing neither (or Toast too, for that matter) have anything about a SL incompatibility on their websites.

UPDATE: Roxio does actually have a SL compatibility statement. I've emailed Cineform and hope to hear back on Neoscene.

Cheers,

Last edited:
I heard from Cineform that Neoscene should be updated for Snow Leopard later today.

UPDATE: Well, obviously they didn't make that deadline! Still waiting.

Cheers,

Last edited:
A statement from Cineform would be much appreciated, they have a Tech blog and a Twitter account so there's a straightforward way to do it. But if they get it sorted in the next few days it's not that big of a deal, I guess.

Here's what I received yesterday from their Technical people:

" [FONT=&quot]Update: The fix will take a few days. Maybe not until next week. Sorry for the bad news, but I wanted to keep you posted. Its our top priority to get this working."

Cheers,
[/FONT]

Here's what I received yesterday from their Technical people:

" [FONT=&quot]Update: The fix will take a few days. Maybe not until next week. Sorry for the bad news, but I wanted to keep you posted. Its our top priority to get this working."

Cheers,
[/FONT]

Thanks for the info. I hope there is a way to extend my trial since I downloaded yesterday and may not be able to use it in the next 7 days.

After uninstalling and updating I've been having this msg:

This application was deactivated, possibly due to changes in the computer time and date. Contact the vendor to reactivate this application.

Does anyone else have that problem? I just sent a msg to Cineform.

Same issue as "the main event" here. I've emailed them 4 days ago...still waiting on a response...

Program is great when its working but the service has been pretty ordinary.

Okay, I'm fairly new to the digital filmmaking aspect. I have yet to get my mac and should I be concerned with the pulldown problem before I start editing? Just got the Gh1 and Im worried I might have used a 7D?

Any Help would be great?

Pulldown removal works perfectly well with neoscene. The program can be buggy on the mac side, but as far as pulldown removal goes it does the job well.

Got a reply from Cineform.
Installed a new version (Version 1.0.10.17) and entered new activation code.
Back up and running!

Argh. Why aren't they posting some kind of official statement on this? Should I just bug David Newman on Twitter?

Edit: Okay, if you go through the downloading process you'll now see there is a new build available as of 9/4 (although the version listed on the page just prior to it is still the old one from 8/29, so I didn't think to check further). About to test it out and see if it works.

2nd Edit: Hallelujah. It's working again. I did have to do an uninstall/reinstall (with a system reboot for good measure) to get it going. Just installing over the old version still crashed out for me. But now it seems to be working again.

3rd Edit: Still pretty crash-happy. It seems kind of random. At least now when it crashes (right after pressing the Convert button) it seems to initiate the background process that actually converts the footage, so it's kind of like starting a job in Compressor and then closing your Batch Monitor. The file still converts, but you don't get an indicator of its progress (other than monitoring the file size in the Finder).

Last edited:
Back