GH4 GH4 In the Wilderness

Mark Williams

Jigger Creek is located in the Cohutta Wilderness Area near Cisco, Georgia. I planned my visit for overcast conditions after a heavy rainstorm.
This video was shot using a Panasonic GH4 camera, set at 1080p 60fps and recording at 200mbps. Lenses used were the Panasonic 14-45, 45-175, and Olympus 60mm macro as well as 75-300. Other equipment used was a Benro S-6 tripod, Tascam DR-40 audio recorder, and Rhino Slider V1 carbon. Edited with Edius 5.51. For best quality viewing select the HD button and 1080p.

Always eager to see your next nature piece!

Love what you did with the water effects.

As always - a beautiful piece.

Thanks Mark.

Nice angles. Really beautiful composition here and the slider moves are top notch. Did you push any off the 60fps shots past 60 cause the videos seems slightly slower / more ethereal than usual at times. Sweet macros. Good stuff.

Thanks, all was shot at 1080p 60fps except for some of the macro which was 4k downsized to 1080p. Most of the water scenes were slowed down to 30fps on the timeline . Slider shots were done with a Rhino carbon slider. I have own motorized and higher quality sliders but their weight prevented them from being carried very far. The Rhino is a good compromise and I tend to use it much more than the others.

Back