DVX200 - is this still a relevant camera? 10-bit or not?

I don't think you can find a better value/camera for the $1,200 price point. If you need a servo motor you need a servo motor. Plus you get all of the better codecs and outputs compared to some prosumer thing that has a 49 min battery and a micro HDMI :)

For good or for bad camcorders haven't been updated for many years. As a result most have the prices have stayed the same. Even in the used market it be difficult to get below that $1,200 unless they're heavily used.

Last edited:
Thx for the answers! I decided to keep it. Still gives a more than decent picture for stage shows.

I thought of reducing the number I have (4 camcorders) but they're too useful. I often find events come all at once in the spring and if I get double booked instead of turning a client away I can get someone to fill in using my back up camcorders. I also have to send one in to repair good to know I have another in reserve if a job comes up. Yeah there not as good in low light, a bit old tech but dam are they useful in a pinch. No over heating, no rigging need, they're good to go.

Last edited:
I thought of reducing the number I have (4 camcorders) but they're too useful. I often find events come all at once in the spring and if I get double booked instead of turning a client away I can get someone to fill in using my back up camcorders. I also have to send one in to repair good to know I have another in reserve if a job comes up. Yeah there not as good in low light, a bit old tech but dam are they useful in a pinch. No over heating, no rigging need, they're good to go.

yes, now I have also 4 camcorders. But like you said they are still useful and no overheating. thx for the answer Peter.

Back