• Show
Clear All

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    No problem, Chris!

Leave a comment:

• cyvideo
    replied
    Hey Doug. Only just seen your reply. Actually, I did find it and used it. Many thanks... half a year late!

Chris Young

Leave a comment:

• BONLEV
    replied
    found this video for low light XF705 vs Z280. You see clearly the canon needs lots of gain to match the brightness of the sony. That's my conclusion

https://vimeo.com/370928387

Leave a comment:

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    Hey Chris, good news.
    This morning I got to wondering if Story Blocks kept a record in my account history of what I have downloaded. So I looked around, and there is it was. I had no idea. Anyway, I knew for sure what month that Z280 video was edited so it was easy enough to zero in on the track with a few clicks. Its called "Miles Above". I hope it works for your project.

Leave a comment:

• cyvideo
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up DJ. I'll try Audio Blocks. Not critical but is sounded like a piece that would suit a job in hand.

Chris Young

Leave a comment:

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    Originally posted by cyvideo View Post
    Relaxing images from your Z280 Doug. A very versatile camera. Any chance of directing me to the music library this track came from? I'm always looking for decent music resources and I do like this track.

Chris Young
    Hi Chris, I edited that video more than a year ago and I can't recall where the music came from. Hell, let's be honest, even if I edited it last week I probably couldn't remember. I'd say there is a 80% chance it came from Audio Blocks, but I couldn't say for sure or what the song is called. I'd call up the Premiere file and have a look but I'm on a two-month road trip and that computer and drives are all back at my studio. Ask me again in mid-October and I'll be happy to look it up and tell you exactly what it is and where it came from.

Leave a comment:

• cyvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Jensen View Post
    In the mean time, I shot this one weekend last spring.
    Relaxing images from your Z280 Doug. A very versatile camera. Any chance of directing me to the music library this track came from? I'm always looking for decent music resources and I do like this track.

Chris Young

Leave a comment:

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    Originally posted by fhammond View Post
    A Sony but not the one I was asking about: I got an FX9. Iím very happy with it - the variable ND is really a killer feature, as is the fact that I already had a bunch of E mount lenses - though I prefer the body design of the C300/C500.
    Well, you can't go wrong with an FX9, but it is kind of funny that you were looking at the Z280 and then ended buying a FX9. It's kind of like looking at a wrench and then deciding to buy a screwdriver. Totally different cameras.

Leave a comment:

• fhammond
    replied
    Which camera, if any, did you end up getting? Curious to hear what your decisions was.
    A Sony but not the one I was asking about: I got an FX9. I’m very happy with it - the variable ND is really a killer feature, as is the fact that I already had a bunch of E mount lenses - though I prefer the body design of the C300/C500.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    Originally posted by fhammond View Post
    Thanks you sir! Much appreciated.
    Which camera, if any, did you end up getting? Curious to hear what your decisions was.

Leave a comment:

• fhammond
    replied
    I grabbed about a half dozen random shots that were on my hard drives already and I'm sending them right now to your link. I hope they work. I wanted to upload an entire XDROOT older intact so you'd have all the support files and could read the metadata etc., but Drop Box won't let me send nested folders so you're only going to get the .MXF files. I hope it works for you. It really goes against my grain to pull the video files out of the nested Sony structure.
    Thanks you sir! Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• ahalpert
    replied
    Really nice exposures, compositions and operation in that Myakka video above. Looks like a fruitful weekend! Sometimes the greens are very rich, but I imagine that was true in reality?

Fhammond - as for H.265 aversion, why not employ a proxy workflow? I switched back from Adobe to FCPX last year because I had issues with Premiere's reliability, and I love the straightforward proxy workflow in FCPX. I no longer give a thought to my capture codec.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    I grabbed about a half dozen random shots that were on my hard drives already and I'm sending them right now to your link. I hope they work. I wanted to upload an entire XDROOT older intact so you'd have all the support files and could read the metadata etc., but Drop Box won't let me send nested folders so you're only going to get the .MXF files. I hope it works for you. It really goes against my grain to pull the video files out of the nested Sony structure.

Leave a comment:

• fhammond
    replied
    Ha! I'm very tempted to do exactly what you're saying and just get it. There's not really a lot of competition: I don't want to edit H.265 - so no XF705 - and I want good autofocus - so no AG-CX350.

Anyway, thanks for your offer. I will send you a link.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Jensen
    replied
    Just buy the Z280. you'll love it. But serously, if you send me a PM with an upload link I will try to send a few clips within a day or so.

In the mean time, I shot this one weekend last spring.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X