Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony F3 service menu to correct lit pixels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony F3 service menu to correct lit pixels?

I purchased a used F3 body from Adorama today and it should arrive tomorrow. I had an F3 once before for less than a month so not much time with it. It seems the one coming to me has one lit pixel visible at 0db and i was interested if sony put in the service menus to zap that pixel out manually like what im use to in cameras like the F900 and F23?
    Cameras
    Zcam E2-M4 W/TurboMount & Sigma 18-35 ART F1.8 EF/
    2 Panasonic AG-DVX100p

It's been a long time since I saw an F3, but I don't think it has an APR function like the newer cameras. Try doing a Black Balance and that should mask any problem pixels. It'd be a good idea to do a black balance anyway no matter what. It's the first thing I do when I get an unknown camera in my hands. Well, actually the second thing because first I do an All Reset.
    Last edited by Doug Jensen; 11-14-2019, 05:59 PM.
    Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
    HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
    http://www.dougjensen.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Jensen View Post
      It's been a long time since I saw an F3, but I don't think it has an APR function like the newer cameras. Try doing a Black Balance and that should mask any problem pixels. It'd be a good idea to do a black balance anyway no matter what. It's the first thing I do when I get an unknown camera in my hands. Well, actually the second thing because first I do an All Reset.
      Will do. but, i do know for a fact the camera has one, its just a matter of figuring out the button combos to activate it. There is a stronger black balance feature and manual masking feature built into the camera via the service menus.
      Cameras
      2 Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Found the procedure for the ex1. Maybe it might work for the 3... Worth a shot, I guess.

https://elektrotricks.blogspot.com/2...o-service.html

Comment

Originally posted by Run&Gun View Post
          Found the procedure for the ex1. Maybe it might work for the 3... Worth a shot, I guess.

https://elektrotricks.blogspot.com/2...o-service.html
          def worth a try. i will give it a go tonight when i am home. I emailed sony service as a safety as well.. maybe they can shed some light.
          Cameras
          2 Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Sony Responded. Ironically i did 4 black balances and i didnt see any lit pixels.. even before that... idk what adorama was smokin cause the camera is in fantastic shape from what i can see.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 12.27.20 AM.jpg
            Cameras
            2 Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Mike, can you post a larger picture of the service manual page? Thank you. This one is too small to read. Or maybe it's my old eyes.

Broatch
              Last edited by B.Berry; 12-31-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I'll second. Could you post a bigger picture ?

Comment

I'd love to but I dont have the manual anymore and returned the camera months ago.
                  Cameras
                  2 Panasonic AG-DVX100p

Comment

Working...
                  X