Test footage from the PXW-Z90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test footage from the PXW-Z90

For those who may be interested, I've posted some footage that I shot over the weekend with the Z90 Sony has loaned me. his is some test footage As you know, the Z90 is still under development by Sony and the final version won't be released until December 2017. The purpose of this video was to check the camera's performance, features, and settings to see what results I could get and where their limitations lay. Some of the footage is less than perfect as I continued to make changes to refine the settings as I went along. For example, some highlights are blown out that shouldn't be, colors are inconsistent, and some scenes are overly sharp. But I have posted it all anyway so that I can evaluate how it looks once it is posted online. Now that this initial testing has been completed and I have nearly finalized my Picture Profile settings, the next round of testing should result in footage that is more consistent and looks better overall.

Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
    HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
    http://www.dougjensen.com/

Thanks for sharing and I see what you meant with the less than great images. This form and functions is appealing but I don't know about image quality and I've never been satisfied with Sonys 1" sensors.

Comment

Well. all the experimentation and testing paid off and now I feel like I've got a couple of good Picture Profiles dialed-in to shoot with going forward. I'm confident that the next round of shooting will look much better. I think the camera looks great, especially for the price, once you get it setup right and expose in the sweet spot.
      Doug Jensen, Sony camcorder instructor
      HOW TO MAKE MONEY SHOOTING STOCK
      http://www.dougjensen.com/

Comment

I gotta say, the first shot with the detail on the seagull made my jaw drop. For a $3K palmcorder, no less. Really interested in seeing what the next level of video looks like.

Comment

Holy slog Batman, this new camera has so many color/gama selections in it's picture profiles!

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X