PXW-X70 replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PXW-X70 replacement?

Hi, I have a PXW-X70 kit but hanker after a camera with comparable IQ (though not necessarily 4K) with either wider aperture or interchangeable lens. What could that be?

Originally posted by lowep View Post
    Hi, I have a PXW-X70 kit but hanker after a camera with comparable IQ (though not necessarily 4K) with either wider aperture or interchangeable lens. What could that be?
    So better low light performance ?

...My aging Panasonic GH4 easily outperforms the Sony X70 I use for work, but it doesn't have a long parfocal zoom lens. ( which essentially is a real cine zoom lens that would cost a small fortune )

I would take a look at the new Panasonic UX180 4K ENG camera that is almost here, as I suspect it might out perform the X70 under low light conditions. ( have to wait for a real review to know for sure )

Comment

Thanks Dingo, yes low light performance is my concern.

is the lens on the Sony X70 the reason why you use it for work even though your GH4 outperforms it in low light or do you reckon the X70 has other advantages over the GH4?

Being an old timer I prefer a camera that handles like a traditional video camera rather than a DSLR in a cage but maybe it is time for me to rethink, as even an old dog (or dingo) can sometimes learn new tricks :-)
      Last edited by lowep; 12-09-2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X