High hours on PXW-X70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High hours on PXW-X70

I am looking at a used PXW-X70. It appears like it has had VERY little use but it shows 1810 hours. I don't understand how it can look so fresh and have that many hours unless it was used as a security camera!
    If it was a tape camera it would need an overhaul but I don't know how high hours affects a card based camera.

Your thoughts?

The X70 can be used as a live web-streaming camera, or it could be used in a 5-day a week studio environment, which would account for the number of hours that you listed.

Comment

The big question is how many hours are acceptable until problems start.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead@70 View Post
        The big question is how many hours are acceptable until problems start.
        When it's mainly non-mechanical ( i.e. electronic usage ) I have seen cameras with 5,000+ hours that essentially look and function like new.

I was way more freaked out about the hours on tape-based cameras where the tape-drive or tape-heads could be toast at more than 1,000+ hours of shooting.

Comment

Well I screwed the pooch. In addition to the high hours there is a dent in the lens barrel and filter ring. I can probably get the dent out of the filter ring but not the barrel. I was comfortable with the hours until I found the camera was only 13 months old. When I told the seller ( Gian Carlo Moreno - Atlanta, GA), he said I should have examined the camera more closely before I left his storefront and to suck it up. Hard to check the hours with dead batteries and no ac adapter. I did not notice the dents until I tried to mount a protective filter. The camera was advertised as "excellent condition" and I paid $1400.00. I have NO recourse. I have bought used equipment since 1973 and this is only the second time I have been screwed. Watch out for this guy!

Comment

Did you use a credit card? You might file a dispute with them. That should give you some leverage!

Rather than getting an adjustment, it would probably be easiest to just seek to return it for a refund. Sounds like a really bad seller!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by unadog View Post
              Did you use a credit card? You might file a dispute with them. That should give you some leverage!

Rather than getting an adjustment, it would probably be easiest to just seek to return it for a refund. Sounds like a really bad seller!

Good luck!
              I usually deal in cash so like I said "I screwed the pooch" He will not accept a return or adjust the price to pay for a repair. Yup, he has no integrity.

Comment

Working...
              X