When will the EX1R Appear Again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the EX1R Appear Again?

I am looking to buy a new EX1R but as many of you know - it is nowhere to be found in stock (from major reputable dealers). I heard that one of Sony's factories was destroyed in the quake. Is that true? Has anyone heard of realistic date when the EX1R will start shipping in the US again?
    www.dustbowlfilms.com
    www.deathoftheoldwest.com

I am looking to buy an EX1R too and I have the same problems. I live in Tokyo and I called the main dealers of the city and they told me that I will need to wait one or two month before getting any new arrival... I also called two shops in england, one in US and one in Singapore with the same answer (around 2 months each time).
    I searched any information concerning the influence of the earthquake on the Xdcam factories but I didn't find anything.
    Maybe they plan to remove the EX1R before this summer ?

I'm surprised that nobody discuss the issue before you.

Comment

That sucks guys. If you really need one I'd look at the used market. Probably the reason it hasn't been discussed is we already have our EX1/EX1Rs ;-). But the SxS cards being unavailable due to the earthquake has been discussed several times here.
      Freelance Camera Operator/Editor/Photographer/Audio Dude

Sony EX1 | Nikon D300 | Sennheiser EW100ENG G2 Wireless Kit | Home Recording Studio

Comment

AbelCine has two in stock in our Burbank office. Let the race begin!
        Mitch Gross
        Aputure Lighting
        NYC

Comment

I'm not researching SxS cards, don't plan on using them with the EX. I'm going with SD cards + adapter, also feeding out to external recorder. So, I haven't been reading anything regarding the availability of SxS. I'm not finding anything in the used market regarding EX1Rs, only EX1s. B&H has a 6 to 10 week backorder on their website for the EX. I may have to pull the trigger on a Canon XF300 since I need a camera now. I think the EX is a better cam though.
          www.dustbowlfilms.com
          www.deathoftheoldwest.com

Comment

Wow, seeing as I'm on the verge of bankruptcy now, this might be the best time for me to sell all of my EX cameras and SxS cards. Or, it could be a major benefit in keeping competition at bay, giving me a fighting chance to get a couple of solid clients... either way, times are interesting.. earthquakes, economic collapse, riots..
            Best regards,
            Mark & Mary Ann Weiss
            www.MWHDVideo.com
            HD Video Productions

Comment

Isn't that an ancient Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times." LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Gross View Post
                AbelCine has two in stock in our Burbank office. Let the race begin!
                One is mine now. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I'm so annoying because I missed it... I tried to buy it yesterday morning through their website but I didn't manage to checkout!!!
                  Now it is backorder and I sill need one before the next three weeks.

If someone knows an other place to get one, please tell me....

Comment

Working...
                  X