Mounting bracket for the EX-V adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting bracket for the EX-V adapter

As many of you already know, we are making an adapter plate called EX-V which allows to power the EX cameras and other accessories with the Sony BP-U60 batteries. Mounting the plate was always of a little challenge, as we did not have a good mechanical solution for it. I am happy to announce that Olof of Westside AV came up with a great 2 piece solution. Just screw the back plate piece to the EX-V adapter (same matching mounting holes), and attach the other "V" piece to your device (cheese plate, etc.) using the pre-drilled mounting holes or 1/4"-20 threaded holes. Now you can snap on or remove the the EX-V adapter in a second. The bracket is very robust, like everything that Olof makes.

Ordering information

new images taken by Westside AV
    Last edited by adolgin; 04-25-2011, 01:35 PM.
    Alex Dolgin
    Dolgin Engineering
    Camera Power Solutions
    New Four Position Charger for Canon BP-A60 Batteries / EOS C300 Mark II cameras

... This is, indeed, another fine and long awaited product! But , on another hand...
    - As many of you already know, EX1 & EX3 cameras only use these BP- series batteries. These new 14v. power source are extremely expensive, but we have no choice to power our cameras.We can either get BP-U60 batteries for around $250, or settle with BP-U30 for $130 or so. Or we can go with Swit S-8U62 units, EX-L96 SWITRONIX, or other similar products (I personally found mine here:http://alliancecn.en.alibaba.com/pro...60_BP_U30.html). All of non–Sony branded batteries have one common inconvenience: they can be mounted as regular BP-UX0 units, but the power actually gets to the camera as e x t e r n a l power source.The practical common feature of these batteries is d-tap power out. But... many of us already now that. So, if we need to power our other peripheral devices, we most likely refrain from using BP-UX0 or its equivalent. We would rather try using other batteries, inexpensive or these we keep from our previously used gears, like NP-F970..
    As adolgin, I admire the fact that Olof of Westside AV came up with a great 2 piece solution. As most of us know, Olof of Westside AV is extremely inventive person (http://www.westsideavstore.com/index...id=17&parent=0), but his inventions
    while very robust, like everything that Olof makes, also are HUGELY overpriced. And,... doesn't this forum has a special Marketplace section, specially designed to keep other section of it from sales peaches?..

Comment

adolgin,

Do you have any photos in use? I'm not exactly sure what it does & it seems like the link for more information actually has less info than your post.

All I can figure out is that this makes it possible to use a BP-U60 or BP-U30 to power other devices. Which would make this good for people who have lots of extra EX batteries & don't want to use a brick to power another device. Yes / no?

Originally posted by abereut View Post
      but his inventions
      while very robust, like everything that Olof makes, also are HUGELY overpriced.
      Goodness, if you think those are overpriced, make sure you never google Redrock micro, Zacuto, or just about anyone else. You'll probably have a heart attack.
      Where are all the S-VHS hipsters?

Comment

Actually, Olof has much of it in his studio, and he is taking pictures today. He is going to post later on this forum. In general, the adapters are used in steadicams to power the lcd monitors, nanoFlash, AJA, any other devices that use either 7.2V or 14.4V power. Here is a link to Guy Barwood clip where he demonstrates his use.

new images taken by Westside AV
        Last edited by adolgin; 04-25-2011, 01:56 PM.
        Alex Dolgin
        Dolgin Engineering
        Camera Power Solutions
        New Four Position Charger for Canon BP-A60 Batteries / EOS C300 Mark II cameras

Comment

zijital ,

just check this link and you understand what I meant: http://www.westsideavstore.com/index...id=17&parent=0
          There is difference between expensive products and overpriced products. Hope, this doesn't need an elaborate explanation.

Comment

Working...
          X