Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using the Blackmagic design HyperDeck Shuttle video recorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using the Blackmagic design HyperDeck Shuttle video recorder?

It looks frickin' awesome at 350.00... This would go rather elegantly with the EX1/R/3!

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/pro...erdeckshuttle/

http://www.avalive.com/Blackmagic-De...erDeck-Shuttle
    Work Examples - Vimeo - My Music
    Sony FS5 :: Panasonic GH4 :: Sony EX1 :: FCPX :: Senn G3 / RodeLink Wireless
    Rode NT1, NTG-2, NTG-3 Shotgun, NT3(Pair), NT4 (Stereo), NT2000, AT4053b Hyper

The HyperDeck Shuttle will be available in May for US$345 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide according to BM's web site.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Comment

And remember-- that's $345 plus cost of SSD

Comment

Oh. I wasn't paying too close attention. Anyway, this thing looks like a game changer as far as affordable capturing, and uncompressed video. I don't need uncompressed. I'm just tired of being scammed with SxS prices. 1,100.00 for 32 gigs of memory is highway robbery. The GH2 guys are all atwitter about this little Blackmagic baby, and for good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by nsoltz View Post
          And remember-- that's $345 plus cost of SSD
          I'm aware of that.

Comment

That looks nice, seems like more and more options are coming out every day... Thats far cheaper than the Ninja, but the ninja doubles as a monitor...

Originally posted by Chadfish View Post
            ... I don't need uncompressed. I'm just tired of being scammed with SxS prices. 1,100.00 for 32 gigs of memory is highway robbery...
            Agree SxS is well overpriced and we are using a 32gig SDXC card and SxS adapter for around $200 in the mean time. Works like a charm in the EX1r.
            Last edited by MadHMC150; 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM.
            arsenal: HaloRig HD & Mini - 4k Cameras - Panasonic - Arri - Comer - Canon - Sony - Sigma - Rokinon - Rode - Tascam - GoPro

Shaky Footage? Check out this affordable Camera Stabilizer, use coupon code "DVXUSER" to get 10% OFF any purchase today!

DVXuser Sponsor:
            WE ACCEPT BITCOIN!

Comment

Apparently the thing ONLY does uncompressed. What a waste of space. I don't want it if that's all it will do. I just want long record times at the same bit rate of my EX1, or maybe 50 or 100 max. I just need to have something to record long concerts. I have 2 cameras and I'm at about a max of 2hrs on each camera. If I got some cool hard drive solution for one camera, I could use all the SxS on the 2nd cam.

Comment

And the battery only lasts one hour.

There is a thread on a series of DTE devices announced or shipping around NAB that include HDMI and/or SDI out, and record QT pro res or PC compatible files.

They run from about $1K USD to over $6500.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...a-sfv-cinedeck
                David S.

Accept No Imitations.
                www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
                and...
                www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
                Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

Comment

I was really excited about this at first, but all I'd ever want to do is immediately transcode that stuff into ProRes, so for the cost/benefit/time standpoint I think the Atomos is more my speed.
                  Check out my short films on Vimeo

Comment

Originally posted by Chadfish View Post
                    Apparently the thing ONLY does uncompressed. What a waste of space. I don't want it if that's all it will do. I just want long record times at the same bit rate of my EX1, or maybe 50 or 100 max. I just need to have something to record long concerts. I have 2 cameras and I'm at about a max of 2hrs on each camera. If I got some cool hard drive solution for one camera, I could use all the SxS on the 2nd cam.
                    Have you seen this? E-Films e-HDR External SxS Recording Enclosure http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Recording.html
                    Last edited by MadHMC150; 04-20-2011, 06:20 AM.
                    arsenal: HaloRig HD & Mini - 4k Cameras - Panasonic - Arri - Comer - Canon - Sony - Sigma - Rokinon - Rode - Tascam - GoPro

Shaky Footage? Check out this affordable Camera Stabilizer, use coupon code "DVXUSER" to get 10% OFF any purchase today!

DVXuser Sponsor:
                    WE ACCEPT BITCOIN!

Comment

Didn't Sony make an external hard disk recorder for the EX1 already?
                      The AU-EVA1 Book - The DVX200 Book - The UX180 & UX90 Book - Lighting For Film & TV - Sound For Film & TV

Comment

Hmmmm. Looks interesting. Could be a good solution to hold me over until all these other recorders get it together. Thanks. Bookmarked!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Green View Post
                          Didn't Sony make an external hard disk recorder for the EX1 already?
                          Yeah I saw the Sony - PHU-120R 120GB Professional Hard Disk Unit... that the one your talking about? Its $719 though.

DVXuser Sponsor:
                          WE ACCEPT BITCOIN!

Comment

Look at this DIY version.
                            http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...te-way-to-save

It would give you 18hours recording time for $100, but its going to be 4.2.0 and 8bit just like the SxS or SDHC cards. Until the other recorders come out.
                            Last edited by Duke M.; 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHMC150 View Post
                              Yeah I saw the Sony - PHU-120R 120GB Professional Hard Disk Unit... that the one your talking about? Its $719 though.
                              Yeah I bought one with my EX3...used it four times and had errors so I returned it.

Anything thats not reliable is a waste of time.

The Blackmagic device would have been perfect if it had done many different flavours apart from uncompressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X