Tiffen T1 filter with 35mm adapters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiffen T1 filter with 35mm adapters?

since people seem to be having successful results with the tiffen T1 filter; i'm wondering if i can use the 77mm size on my stock lens(EX1) in conjunction with a 35mm adapter such as the Letus Elite/Ultimate?

thanks.
    Los Angeles, CA USA
    DP/Cam Op
    www.MichaelBMcGee.co

Just buy a 4x4 and put it in the matte box, if the mount is off do to filter. But you probably have some adjustment there to play with.
    Jason P Davenport
    Director of Photography

www.jasondavenportdp.com

Comment

if i was forced to buy a "square" filter it wouldn't be a 4x4, but thanks anyways.
      Los Angeles, CA USA
      DP/Cam Op
      www.MichaelBMcGee.co

Comment

Michael,

I do have both the 4x5.65" and 77mm versions of the T1 filter, and while normally using the former in my RR mattebox, I did test my Letus Elite with the screw-on on my EX1 lens.

The answer is : yes, it can be done. However, due to the increased distance to the Letus GG, I needed to set my EX1's zoom at some 88 (as compared to 77 without the screw-in filter), to avoid vignetting.

Piotr

Comment

what about a varicross/star filter? i was about to make a thread asking about this..i was just about to buy a 77mm varicross filter and put it on my stock EX3 lens because it will be more affordable and alot easier to find. i cant find one for my mattebox(4x4).

so my question is.. will a varicross/star filter work if its on my EX3 lens behind my letus extrme? also will it work with the letus extreme on and my mattebox? my mattebxo has a UV filter on it..someone please respond!!

Comment

Originally posted by moldcad View Post
            ....The answer is : yes, it can be done. However, due to the increased distance to the Letus GG, I needed to set my EX1's zoom at some 88 (as compared to 77 without the screw-in filter), to avoid vignetting.

Piotr

thanks Piotr. i appreciate your response. Z88 from Z77 seems like a lot, but at least it works.

cheers,
            Mike
            Los Angeles, CA USA
            DP/Cam Op
            www.MichaelBMcGee.co

Comment

Working...
            X