X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonnieMartin
    replied
    I have been using the vortex PP for several years now and never compared my ex-1R, ex-3 to any other camera until a few weeks ago. We took delivery on a Canon XA20 and really like the "look" of this camera right out of the box. It is more red less green more contrast and better skin tones than the vortex pp. Do you know of a pp for the Ex cameras that would give a similar "look' to my EXDCAM cameras. We also have the PMW 320 and never have been able to properly match it to the Ex cameras. We have looked high and low all over the internet for suggestions without success. We really liked the "look" of the Ex cameras until we saw the super image from the little XA20.

Thanks
    Ronnie
    Kato Video Productions.

Leave a comment:

• Fohdeesha
    replied
    yall need a waveform!

Leave a comment:

• Chadfish
    replied
    I have found that when I expose using the LCD the footage comes out over exposed. The LCD is a little dark I think, so I use the viewfinder to judge exposure. Ans Ialways just use the Vortex Media PP with the white balance default at 5600 or 3200. It's a great, general purpose PP. I do the rest in post. Don't try to burn in too strong of a look using PP. One should always post process the color and looks, so just shoot with a mellow PP like the Vortex, and you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Lor
    replied
    Originally posted by surebll View Post
    Yes I've been using EX1 PP's. They look good in the view finder and monitor but when I upload them they look shyte.
    Yes, I have that exact problem. Is it just my monitor, EX1 LCD, or footage?

Leave a comment:

• Chadfish
    replied
    Shoot flat and grade in post. Just use the Vortex Media "middle of the road" kind of PP and use your editing tools to make it look like you want.

Leave a comment:

• vlyman
    replied
    what if you're shooting portraits of an old man - great face, lots of character, want to see those lines, but not overly in detail .... I think the settings would be similar to your wedding settings, except that my whites are at about 56K as the house is daylight lit. but this is portrait stuff - want warm skin tones and feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Chadfish
    replied
    That would probably be no picture profile at all. Though the vortex media PP is slightly different than that adding a bit of color saturation. Search that and it should come up somewhere. It looks good coming off the camera, but there is still a lot of latitude to correct later.

Leave a comment:

• stu68
    replied
    Hi there, anybody have a good EX1 profile that is quite flat. I am trying to get as close as possible to the Canon DSLR technicolour profile as matching 7d footage with Ex1.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• MarcoFilm
    replied
    Hi all, i know its very un orthodox but could you please check out my latest short shot on the EX3. any feedback that you may have would be great.
    http://vimeo.com/23131108

thank you
    Marco El Gabry

Leave a comment:

• Michael B. McGee
    replied
    anyone know of a Film Noir look PP? please, save your time and only respond if you have used a PP for a Film Noir look. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• MitchLewis
    replied
    Turn on the shutter (1/60th) if you're shooting 1080 30p. Or you can shoot 720 60p. If you're shooting a single person, turn the camera sideways (we use a Spyder Ringo Head for this) as you'll get 1920 pixels in height instead of just 1080.

Here's an example of shooting green screen with our EX3, shot at 1080 30p with 1/60th shutter. We didn't turn the camera sideways for this shoot as we were using a teleprompter. http://www.vimeo.com/20622583

Leave a comment:

• FrankC
    replied
    Perhaps more important than the camera settings will be the lighting. Think of Chromakey as two distinct lighting set-ups... the background and the talent. Strive for a very flat background without over powering. A waveform can show you this. You're looking for a flat line with few dips or spikes (dim spots or hot spots). Chromakey green can be lite with a flashlight, so one doesn't want to keep pouring light on it in the quest for flatness. Your artistic lighting will be on the subject. Keep in mind what the eventual background plate may be in order to match the style of lighting. If the background is something rather generic, then I like to use back side kicker lights to give a real pro separation look. Chromakey is part science and part voodoo. You'll eventually develop techniques that work for you.

Leave a comment:

• Michael B. McGee
    replied
    Poppy the green screen cherry this Friday

so, as the title suggests i am shooting my first green screen job this Friday. its just a basic interview with our subject in front of the screen. so, i was wondering what 's a good PP for this type of shot. i'm aware of the normal concerns such as using the lowest gain, -3db, and turning Detail off to pull a clean matte. what else makes for a good clean composite?

thanks in advance,
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• surebll
    replied
    Originally posted by Fohdeesha View Post
    have you been using profiles posted for the ex1? I found out the hard way that ex1 and ex3 profiles are not interchangeable. an ex3 profile on my ex1 produced some huge blue/green shifts. Honestly, profiles between cameras of the same make even are not interchangeable, to an exacting degree anyway
    Yes I've been using EX1 PP's. They look good in the view finder and monitor but when I upload them they look shyte.

Leave a comment:

• Fohdeesha
    replied
    Originally posted by surebll View Post
    Any new PP for the Sony EX3 for good natural skintones? The ones I find often have a greenish look to them when I upload the footage. I shoot with 56k KinoFlos..

have you been using profiles posted for the ex1? I found out the hard way that ex1 and ex3 profiles are not interchangeable. an ex3 profile on my ex1 produced some huge blue/green shifts. Honestly, profiles between cameras of the same make even are not interchangeable, to an exacting degree anyway

Leave a comment:

Working...
X