Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blue spot!!.. please take a look and tell what do you think!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blue spot!!.. please take a look and tell what do you think!!

Hi everybody, do you have any idea what could be this blue spot/fringe,..flare?! I have seen chromatic aberration lens problem but nothing like that!!
    I had this problem only in these scenes when I was facing the sun, just when shooting against light source!!
    The rest of the b-roll is perfect so to speak!
    In these scenes I used a Sony PDW-700 with a Fujinon A13X4.5BERM-M48 SD LENS. HD 1080i
    please go to this video and have a look.. password for Vimeo video: dvmembers
    https://vimeo.com/86066517
    Any idea?! please.
    Many thanks
    Samer
    Last edited by videoshot; 02-06-2014, 10:54 PM.

anyone!?

Comment

I didn't notice anything in the video other than lens flares. This will happen with any lens pointed into the sun, to a greater or lesser degree depending on the coatings. The coatings will also largely determine the colour of the flares. If you don't want it, don't point it at the sun.

Comment

first, thank you for replying, honestly in more than 15 years of work i didn't ever see a flare like this with this colour and so evident!!
        will look in the internet to see if i can find a flare like this so blue and evident )
        Did it happen to you to see a flare with this colour?! why so blue? actually the fact that you think it's a flare makes me feel better! I just bought this camera and i was afraid it could be a sensor problem! it was first time out on a job!!
        I hope others can have a look and share their thoughts. Thanks
        Samer

Comment

That is one ugly flare. Looks like it's overloading the sensor too.

Fujinon lenses usually have green flares. Did you have any filters on the front of the lens?
          "There is nothing permanent except change."
          Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net
          TWITTER: @WordsbyLiam
          INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

Comment

It is definitely a lens related issue rather than sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by CinematicFanatic View Post
              It is definitely a lens related issue rather than sensor.
              Not sure you can be that definitive with a digital camera. It's certainly caused by an optical flare, but the hotspot looks to be suffering some sort of additional digital error which "could be" codec or sensor related.
              Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Hall View Post
                That is one ugly flare. Looks like it's overloading the sensor too.

Fujinon lenses usually have green flares. Did you have any filters on the front of the lens?
                Yes...I was shocked when i saw it...that is definitely an ugly one
                In another forum someone suggested to me to clean the lens and this could solve the problem!! I really hope it's only that and nothing worse!! I bought this product to clean sensor.. what do guys think!? maybe it is case to take it to a Sony authorized expert and see if he can do better,..i'm really afraid to go to Sony and get bad news!!!
                Thank you all for your comments and contribute

Comment

Liam,sorry, i didn't answer your question
                  no filter on lens and no matte box!

Comment

Cleaning the sensor won't help. Have you got another lens you can try?
                    Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net

Comment

Hi Liam, I have other lens but I have yet to do other tests more seriously but I'm working a lot these days and i come home always late!! and in these days I'm working with other cameras i have so can't check the PDW700 yet!! but I have done a test today very quickly (sorry for the quality of the test but i really had 5 min to do it).. I will do some serious tests in the next days with all lenses i have!
                      Now for the test done today I didn't see that ugly blue spot i saw the other day! I did some changes with the picture profile and reset all to factory reset before doing so and from what i can see these are better flare effect!! used 2 different lenses but the two of them are wide angle and they gave almost the same effect but not that ugly spot i saw last time using same lens!!
                      Here is the video with this password:dvmembers2
                      Please let me know what do you think
                      Thank you for your interest
                      regards
                      samer

Comment

That looks much better. I think you fixed it!
                        Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net

Comment

I hope you're right Liam I still have to do that test but the we have only rainy days here (

Comment

Working...
                          X