X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In stock with lens if anyone's looking:

Sony IV_B&H.jpg

Comment

Just before going live. A quick HD sample from the a7iv. XAVC 50p 422 10-bit shot with the cheap and cheerful Sony 10-18mm f/4.0 OSS.

Chris Young

Comment

Another a7iv test that's come about as it was a lazy holiday break day. Wanted to see how Sony's HLG2 2020 would come across to Rec 709 using Resolve's Color Space & Transform. It offers a pretty reasonable result and squeezes a lot of the HLG dynamic range into a pretty respectable looking 709 image. Again a nice strong sunlit day with good deep shadows to pull detail out of is always a good test for most cameras. The lenses used were the 28-135 F/4.0 G OSS in FF and the Tamron 18-300 in the APSC crop mode. All shot in XAVC-S 50p 422 10-bit at 125 ISO.

Chris Young

Comment

wow my a7iv already shipped and is arriving tomorrow. sony must have really stockpiled units before the announcement! I put my order in just 2 weeks ago. With the a7siii, if you didn't pre-order it then you had to wait 6+ months to get one
          www.VideoAbe.com

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." -Harvey

Comment

Bodies in stock at B&H right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ahalpert View Post
              wow my a7iv already shipped and is arriving tomorrow. sony must have really stockpiled units before the announcement! I put my order in just 2 weeks ago. With the a7siii, if you didn't pre-order it then you had to wait 6+ months to get one
              A similar situation down under I've heard. Apparently, someone heard a comment from a Sony rep saying because the a7iv is aimed as much at photographers as video shooters it was felt it would appeal to a much wider market segment so aimed for a much larger initial launch. I can sort of understand that reasoning, kinda' makes sense.

Chris Young

Comment

Working...
              X