Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My F35 is not responding. :( Can anybody help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My F35 is not responding. :( Can anybody help?

Hi there fellow F35ers. Yesterday when I tried turning my F35 on, it would not work properly. First, while the fan goes on right away after I turn it on, yesterday it had delay. Then light above the run button on smart side of the camera went orange-ish and then started blinking red. First I thought battery was low. So after trying all my batteries and having same result I tried charging all my batteries. All batteries were showing full charge in LED. But since I have not used them in my months I thought maybe not. But after the batteries were charged F35 still does same. I hope my camera is not broken. The only thing I could find for this warning online is exactly the battery. But doesn't seem to be that. Anybody has any idea? Has this happened to you? I power the camera with V-mount and BH sony type of adapter plugged to the power. So I need to move the power switch to On position instead of CAM. Thank you.

Just speculation but maybe it's a dead internal battery.

Comment

Thanks. I will have to have a look then. I never changed the internal battery. Do you have to open the camera?

P.S. this place is really on its last legs it seems. A topic like this would become quite hot back in the day. Real pity.

Comment

That's a bummer. I hope you can get this sorted out. I would be very upset if this happened to my F35.

Comment

It's very likely the LEMO on the power plate going into the camera. The lights are just telling you it's not getting enough voltage. If you do not have a IF box to test the 4 pin, get one (or 2) of the cheap F35 power cables off eBay. 100% this plug is the weak link because it gets flexed and if you do not have 2 ways to power the camera no amount of "hot discussion" is going to fix not having 2 to troubleshoot when it is most likely the issue so start there.

I've seen multiple F35's "fixed" by trying another power cable. The Chinese ebay seller sells the cable less than the connector, for those who say I want a high quality battery plate, get one, but have a backup. 2 cheap cables is far more reliable than 1 brand name plate better yet, at $70 get 3 made at different length. They are cheap enough that if you do not have 2 x ways to power your F35, anyone, please start there it will save your butt one day, you wouldn't be blaming the in activity on dvx for your woes.
          Last edited by yachacha; 07-19-2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yachacha View Post
            It's very likely the LEMO on the power plate going into the camera. The lights are just telling you it's not getting enough voltage. If you do not have a IF box to test the 4 pin, get one (or 2) of the cheap F35 power cables off eBay. 100% this plug is the weak link because it gets flexed and if you do not have 2 ways to power the camera no amount of "hot discussion" is going to fix not having 2 to troubleshoot when it is most likely the issue so start there.

I've seen multiple F35's "fixed" by trying another power cable. The Chinese ebay seller sells the cable less than the connector, for those who say I want a high quality battery plate, get one, but have a backup. 2 cheap cables is far more reliable than 1 brand name plate better yet, at $70 get 3 made at different length. They are cheap enough that if you do not have 2 x ways to power your F35, anyone, please start there it will save your butt one day, you wouldn't be blaming the in activity on dvx for your woes.
            Wow Yachacha, why the scalding? We go back a long way as original wave of F35 owners here. I just made a comment. But thanks for replying. I indeed have no IF-box. I power camera with the Sony V-mount adapter to lemo. I didn't know the lemos were known to go bad. I guess the cable from ebay you mean is the Dtap to lemo? I have d-tap to 4 pin cable that I could connect vmount battery directly. But without IF-box this is no option to power.

I never got to check the the internal battery, as suggested. So no chance it could be that?

Comment

I ordered a dtap to lemo cable.

Comment

Originally posted by SJX View Post
                Thanks. I will have to have a look then. I never changed the internal battery. Do you have to open the camera?

P.S. this place is really on its last legs it seems. A topic like this would become quite hot back in the day. Real pity.
                To be honest, most of the group is very active on Facebook now. Too many of the new users wanted a better platform to approach this camera. That’s all.

C
                IATSE Local 600 Western Region1st Assistant Camera
                Associate Member of the S.O.C.

Comment

Did you get it working again SJX?
                  I miss DVX too. Facebook is a little too easy. ha!

Comment

Originally posted by rbirnbaum View Post
                    Did you get it working again SJX?
                    I miss DVX too. Facebook is a little too easy. ha!
                    No, I didn't get it working unfortunately.

The new Dtap to lemo cable arrived. But it didn't fix it. It does the same thing with the cable. Turn ON, fan comes on, light above run button on the side starts flashing red. Could be the new cable is also bad but probably not. Next is try with different batteries. Could be that all my 3 Vmounts went bad at same time. They are chinese ones bought in 2015 or something. But all 3 at same time is strange. After that, don't know what to test anymore.

Yes, DVX is nice. I'm not a facebook person. Don't even have account. Maybe I will have to make one just to join F35 group, if everybody is there and no help or talk is going on here.

Comment

It’s not the batteries it’s inside the camera. Power supply maybe. Sorry. Very few F35’s just go bad.

Comment

Have you ever opened your camera for any reason? The other cameras I have seen act this way were bad REI cards that were plugged in with the plug offset. There are a series of large capacitors on the power supply and REI card which send 65v to the camera. Both the card and power supply are covered in surface mount fuses so the hope would be maybe you can find the blown fuse.

Comment

No I never opened my camera. I left it in the flight case for months without using it. It was working when I put it there. When I took it out now it started doing this. I'm sorry to hear it is inside the camera. I'm not a handy electronics type of person.

Comment

You should join the Facebook group Sony F35. Evan Edward would probably be your best bet for looking at getting the F35 fixed.

Broatch Berry
                            Venice CA

Comment

Originally posted by SJX View Post

Yes, DVX is nice. I'm not a facebook person. Don't even have account. Maybe I will have to make one just to join F35 group, if everybody is there and no help or talk is going on here.
                              I had to prioritize getting new users into the community to keep this camera alive over staying here. Now we have a few younglings using it and actual shooting stuff with it up in Canada

C

IATSE Local 600 Western Region1st Assistant Camera
                              Associate Member of the S.O.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X