Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit quiet in here. How many are still rocking the F35?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second the slight magenta cast. It's easy to correct though. I use either the mentioned printer lights or the HDR color wheel. You can also save a lens offset profile inside the F35 to correct within the camera. It can be used in Cine-EI mode too.

Comment

Picked up an F35 a few months back. Owned a few Red MX cameras and currently a Mavo LF owner which I love for its slow-motion and LF look. But the F35 is the most enjoyable. I’m still learning its quirks daily (BMDVA vs Odyssey 7Q vs Multiplexers, Faux 60p, etc). I was eyeing up an Alexa XT before I decided on the lighter-weight F35 for half the price. Just wanted to revive this great F35 forum a little and see if others have moved on to something comparable or better; maybe Alexa Mini or Venice? I’ve been posting a ton of F35 Nikkor footage on my YT channel https://www.youtube.com/@edwardenciu/videos

Comment

Just wondering, what's the deal with the 50p and that camera? (Going by the note on your video.)

I never followed the F35's technical abilities, but it's not real 50p?

I always liked the look of the F35 a lot, but the Alexa is on another level, IMO. Besides the 444 and 60p/120p, the color and dynamic range are just something else.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
          Just wondering, what's the deal with the 50p and that camera? (Going by the note on your video.)

I never followed the F35's technical abilities, but it's not real 50p?

I always liked the look of the F35 a lot, but the Alexa is on another level, IMO. Besides the 444 and 60p/120p, the color and dynamic range are just something else.
          The 50p is real - the 60p on-cam setting gives us 50p but with a repeating frame every 6th or so frame I believe. I haven't actually counted the frames myself, just read about it here. That's interesting to hear about your preference for Alexa. I saw something special & unique in the F35 footage. IMO Alexa footage looks great but I feel BM and Kinefinity cameras can replicate 'that look' somewhat closely. With the F35 I felt I hadn't seen anything like it since film.

I watched 2 films recently and I could've sworn they were shot on the F35, but it turns out they were both shot on film.
          Possum and Apostasy.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ja...l=DarkSkyFilms
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ubd...itasFREEMovies
          They both have a look that I prefer to see in narratives, and that I'm sure Alexas can replicate, but the F35 just delivers it right away.

Comment

That's what I actually really LOVE about the ARRI, how it delivers right away. The cameras are known for very minimal effort to get the images to look so nice.

With that said, I think most of these cameras (great old ones, great new ones) could be thrown in a timeline and if you mix them up enough you'll start to forget which one is which.

But when you start stressing them with real dynamic range zones and working the over/under in post, that ARRI is really like nothing else. The flexibility is just silly.

Comment

Footage looks awesome. Keep sharing. Love seeing the looks others are getting

Comment

I always forget how good the shutter and highlight roll off are. Its really what makes that camera one of a kind

Comment

Working...
                X